Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,456   Online: 978

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    pmu

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I developed one roll with stock dilution and reduced time by 30 seconds from normal ISO400 time. Results look just fine for me.

But, this leads us into new question: I can "read" the negative so that I realize if the negative is underexposed or overexposed and in clear situation I can figure out the dynamics (shots taken in very contrasty light). But how can I know the "real" contrast, shadow detail etc. by using my scanner??? Usually when all scanner settings are "neutral" the shot looks nothing like the negative but by adjusting the scanner settings the image often gets fantastic look. So, usually I shoot ISO400 and keep that developing time same - by adjusting I get the look that I want. But is it possible that I am developing "wrong" and could get a lot better results otherwise (=to get into that same result WITHOUT needing to use editing)? I hope this is not too stupid question!

Attached image is from that previously mentioned roll.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vanha-rouva.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin