Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,745   Online: 870

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    how would this developer compare to rodinal more or less grain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by richardmellor
    aristia.edu.ultra.[foma 100] test.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1693551
    Offtopic question: provided this picture has been taken with a Hasselblad 503, why would it have this distinctive T-shaped border that's the mark of LF film holders? Am I just ignorant of Hassies or that guy digi-cropped it?

At any rate, black borders are way overrated now. Even Diane Arbus stopped using them after she started the fashion...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv
    Offtopic question: provided this picture has been taken with a Hasselblad 503, why would it have this distinctive T-shaped border that's the mark of LF film holders? Am I just ignorant of Hassies or that guy digi-cropped it? ...
    No, a standard Hassy rollfilm (or Kiev, Hartblei, Arax) back does not produce a border like that (at least, none of my backs do). For that matter, neither do any of my LF film holders.

If it started out life as a silver print, it was probably printed with a custom border mask. Otherwise it was probably done with Photoshop or some other digital image processing program.

Nice image IMO - but it really doesn't tell me much about this film in comparison with others.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Offtopic question: provided this picture has been taken with a Hasselblad 503, why would it have this distinctive T-shaped border that's the mark of LF film holders? Am I just ignorant of Hassies or that guy digi-cropped it?

At any rate, black borders are way overrated now. Even Diane Arbus stopped using them after she started the fashion...

All my Hasselblad negatives has borders like this.....

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Looks like a bog standard Hasselblad border to me - even with the V-notches that are said to be Viktor Hasselblad's signature

LF film holders leave a distinctly different pattern, and very few of them are square.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Looks like a bog standard Hasselblad border to me - even with the V-notches that are said to be Viktor Hasselblad's signature

LF film holders leave a distinctly different pattern, and very few of them are square.
    Ah, I see now. I'm mixing up those borders. Thanks for the precisions; I was about to launch a holy war on digital imitations of film borders.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was about to launch a holy war on digital imitations of film borders.
    I'll join you on that, but in this case there's no evidence.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin