Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,487   Online: 1083

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Congratulations!

Have to agree with Tim (k_jupiter). Both of my kids came into this world with a little too much drama. I brought a camera with me both times but didn't use it 'till a few hours after the fact. No regrets.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thank you all for your comments so far. I do realise that the whole process could be so overwhelming that not one shot gets taken in the delivery suite. I am sure there will be a lot taken over the subsequent few days.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    <snip> I am sure there will be a lot taken over the subsequent few days.
    Indeed!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, still waiting, so no Delta 3200 has been used yet.... Six days overdue and counting and waiting and waiting....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oooo how are the nails? Best of luck! (though none required).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The nails are still intact. Induction will occur on Saturday if nothing happens by then.
    Thanks.

Images
    I'm really old. The nurses wouldn't let me near thr delivery room for any of my six children. The first was about a month overdue. My wife (of blessed memory) asked the family doctor what to do. He said to take castor oil. She did, with the usual result, but no delivery. The doctor said "No, I meant take the whole bottle." When the delivery finally happened, it took a long time. I waited dutifully in the hospital waiting room. I kept asking at the desk, and they kept saying everything was fine. I fell asleep to be awakened by our parish priest, who said "Where you been, you lazy bum. You had a son hours ago!" For the next 5 kids I waited at home, which is where the doctor called anyway. Needless to say, no delivery photos. This started in 1952 and ended with number 6 in 1960.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gainer
    I'm really old. The nurses wouldn't let me near thr delivery room for any of my six children. The first was about a month overdue. Needless to say, no delivery photos. This started in 1952 and ended with number 6 in 1960.
    A month overdue??? Hmm, I won't mention THAT one to my wife. Thankfully it looks like things have changed with paternal access to the birth process.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Times have indeed changed. I wasn't able to take pictures because the midwife made me help in the final pushes stage.

What everybody so far is hiding from you is that a seconds-old infant is not photogenic in any way. Even after she was toweled off and wrapped up, my daughter was, frankly, hideous. And, so beautiful that a picture couldn't come close to what I got to see with both eyes open and both hands free. A perfectly composed and shot portrait just wouldn't do the moment justice, and I can't imagine hanging a shot of my misshapen, terrified and incredibly slimy daughter on the wall.

But around the time that she was passed over to her mother, there were plenty opportunities to take pictures. It was very dark in the birthing room, so a fast film is definitely the way to go, because you might feel weird using a flash. My wife was glad I took pictures, because she was out of it at first and really got something from seeing the photos. There were some good shots to be had under the heat lamp when they cleaned her up. And no Delivery Suite album is complete without a few shots of the placenta :-)

Best wishes!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, he was born on Saturday afternoon, and I did take a few pics after the birth. Two with the obstetrician, and a few later. Delta 3200 was the way to go. I was getting about 1/30 s at f4.
    All are well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin