Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,392   Online: 694

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bergger film

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    Was berger film rebranded forte?
    I wouldn't know. It was in a white Bergger Box with the usual info. I am tempted to try it. But I don't want to blow some potentially good street shots if I don't like or don't handle the film properly in processing. At the booth there were some beautifuly printed photos shot and printed on their products.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by richardmellor
    ... and the last place in north america that makes real pastrami sandwichs ...
    OMG! I've been eating fake pastrami! :o

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I like Katz's for pastrami, but The Carnegie Deli for corned beef.

Bergger seems up to admitting that their film is made in the Forte plant, but they insist it is their own formula, last I read. I suspect it's no different from Forte/J&C Classic/ClassicPan.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fortepan 200 used to be an interesting film (i last shot it in 96). Dirt cheap in my country

Nice tonality, harsh grain in D76 clone 1+1. Contrast could get easily out of hand though.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    Compatible with the camera.
    That is a good one!!! LOL

In the analog world there are no compatibility issues unless the size of the film is different, i.e. you cannot put 120 film in a 35mm camera but you could the other way around.

As long as the film is 35mm it should work! But $50/10 is awfully pricey

You bought a decent camera, and spent a good chunck of cash. The canon EOS is a very good camera, try not to use it in AUTo-Everything mode though. Auto-focus maybe a blessing but auto-exposure sometimes is not.

Also hope you bought more than 1 roll of APX100 !

Did you buy a developing tank/kit as well?
    In my business dealings with a few labs out of the city, I found a few that might be willing to help me develop my first attempt. I don't have the space to develop my own film...you have to remember, I live in a New York City apartment. It's 350 square feet for about $1600 a month. Three rooms, a kitchen, a living room and a bedroom. The bathroom is smaller than the stove I think...

We'll see how I do with this. I'm a bit nervous actually...

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Quote Originally Posted by richardmellor
    bit off topic: whenever I am in N.Y.C I stop at b&h.
    and katzs deli in the lower east side ,great black and white photos on the wall . and the last place in north america that makes real pastrami sandwichs
    Ahhh...real food. Since I moved in with my girlfriend last year, I don't remember what that's like. Everything is tofu this, or sushi that...at least her father understands my pain. He just bought us a grill for 4th of July!!

[qupte] ...good luck with your film project[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks...I need it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Try MV Labs. They are one of the best labs in the city, particularly for B&W. Info at http://www.mvlabs.com/index.html
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by inkedmagazine
    In my business dealings with a few labs out of the city, I found a few that might be willing to help me develop my first attempt. I don't have the space to develop my own film...you have to remember, I live in a New York City apartment. It's 350 square feet for about $1600 a month. Three rooms, a kitchen, a living room and a bedroom. The bathroom is smaller than the stove I think...

Actually its real easy, not expensive and everything you need to develop your own film can fit inside a milk crate sized box. Used everything you will need should cost about $50- $75 new about twice that. You might consider the C-41 films like Ilford XP2 Super. They can be processed by any consumer place that does color and you can enlarge the prints yourself at a later date.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually developing your own film it's a lot easier than you think and can be done in the kitchen sink.
    All you need is to load the developing tank in the bathroom (assuming it is dark) or in a changing bag or a closet.

I see your point regarding commercial developers and it's usually good to ask them before hand what EI index to use for your film. If the guy says "it is too contrasty" then push your film 1 stop. If he says "it is too soft" pull it 1.
    IMHO there is no such thing as a contrasty film, just contrasty evelopment.

Quote Originally Posted by inkedmagazine

Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Digital Negs

photography paper

[QUOTE=titrisol]Actually developing your own film it's a lot easier than you think and can be done in the kitchen sink.
    All you need is to load the developing tank in the bathroom (assuming it is dark) or in a changing bag or a closet.

A sink...ah yes. I have one or two of those. No, I wouldn't want to put anything in the sinks in my brooklyn apartment. Especially film. Every see Rocky's apartment in Rocky I? Even though that takes place in Philly, that's called a deluxe suite compared t where I live!

If I do decide to develop it on my own, I need to use the right type of paper...any recommendations

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin