Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,785   Online: 1166

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bergger film

Shooter
    Digital Negs

Bergger film

I just went to B&H and bought APX-100 135-36 Agfapan Professional Black & White Print Film. I also just bought a Canon EOS 3 35mm SLR Autofocus Camera and paid over $1200 for it. Looks like I'm getting serious about this... most if not all of Williamsburg, Brooklyn is under construction for some multi-million dollar condos...there are a lot of old, half-century apartment buildings being torn down in the way of progress..and I think my first attempt to bring those images to a portfolio. Wish me luck!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I'd like to see the photographs. When they are ready post them to one of the Galleries.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Good luck with the new camera. I'll also look forward to seeing the images. Was there a question about Bergger film in there?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I hope you get lots of pleasure from your new purchases. The more people using film, especially B&W, the better for all of us. Have fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bergger film?????
    Cordially, Kiku

Quote Originally Posted by inkedmagazine
    I just went to B&H and bought APX-100 135-36 Agfapan Professional Black & White Print Film. I also just bought a Canon EOS 3 35mm SLR Autofocus Camera and paid over $1200 for it. Looks like I'm getting serious about this... most if not all of Williamsburg, Brooklyn is under construction for some multi-million dollar condos...there are a lot of old, half-century apartment buildings being torn down in the way of progress..and I think my first attempt to bring those images to a portfolio. Wish me luck!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kiku
    Bergger film?????
    Cordially, Kiku
    It was in the heading "Bergger film". I was wondering this myself. Last year at the Photo EXPO at the Javits Center in New York City the US representative of the Bergger film gave me 2 rolls of 200 speed 35mm film to try out. Which I haven't. I was hoping he had an opinion about it.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Quote Originally Posted by geraldatwork
    It was in the heading "Bergger film". I was wondering this myself. Last year at the Photo EXPO at the Javits Center in New York City the US representative of the Bergger film gave me 2 rolls of 200 speed 35mm film to try out. Which I haven't. I was hoping he had an opinion about it.
    Actually, B&H had it a 10-pack of it on sale for $50. I don't know if it's compatible with the camera...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Compatible with the camera.
    That is a good one!!! LOL

In the analog world there are no compatibility issues unless the size of the film is different, i.e. you cannot put 120 film in a 35mm camera but you could the other way around.

As long as the film is 35mm it should work! But $50/10 is awfully pricey

You bought a decent camera, and spent a good chunck of cash. The canon EOS is a very good camera, try not to use it in AUTo-Everything mode though. Auto-focus maybe a blessing but auto-exposure sometimes is not.

Also hope you bought more than 1 roll of APX100 !

Did you buy a developing tank/kit as well?
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Was berger film rebranded forte?

Quote Originally Posted by geraldatwork
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    bit off topic: whenever I am in N.Y.C I stop at b&h.
    and katzs deli in the lower east side ,great black and white photos on the wall . and the last place in north america that makes real pastrami sandwichs
    ...good luck with your film project

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin