Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,372   Online: 1064

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    Lee, I only do two rolls in a standard Nikor (approx 32oz) tank. I have not tried four rolls in a larger Nikor tank of twice the liquid capacity. Intuition tells me that the outcome would be the same, but intuition doe not always work. Perhaps someone else can help us in this regard.

EI: 100 with APX 100.
    Thanks very much. This helps. I was mostly concerned about the amount of Rodinal available per roll of film. E.g. if you'd only done one roll in enough total solution to cover, or alternately, one roll in a two roll tank full of developer, I'd expect different outcomes, with more development where more Rodinal stock per roll is available.

I'd expect that given the same ratio of active developer to film in your example, the outcomes would be essentially identical.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hortense
    Ole what is FX-2 and did you develope ROLL film in a tank?
    I'm not Ole, but the recipe for FX-2 is posted in the APUG Chemical Recipes:

http://www.apug.org/forums/article.php?a=48

FX-2 is a Metol/Glycin accutance developer formulated by G. Crawley.

I have been stand developing 120 roll film (2 rolls at a time) on Hewes reels in stainless steel tanks with excellent results.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    After reading these posts, it occurs to me that somewhere tonight Mortensen's ghost is smiling. Of course, Ansel's ghost is yelling"ANTI-CHRIST"

Do I hear 1 1/2 to 2 hours?:rolleyes:
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by garryl
    After reading these posts, it occurs to me that somewhere tonight Mortensen's ghost is smiling. Of course, Ansel's ghost is yelling"ANTI-CHRIST"

Do I hear 1 1/2 to 2 hours?:rolleyes:
    Nah, I don't think Ansel's ghost has problems with this. Adams had a great respect for Mortensen's technical abilities, he just couldn't stand his pictures.

Grunthos the flatulent
    Life! Loathe it or ignore it, you can't possibly like it!:D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L
    What is your total liquid volume and minimum amount of Rodinal per 120 roll? I'd think that this is important in developing to exhaustion, and I'm about to try it myself. Also, what EI do you use?

Thanks,
    Lee
    Hi

For 1+100 I use 8ml Rodinal + 800ml water, for 1+200 4ml Rodinal + 800ml water. Seems to work well for me. Obviously you don't need quite so much sloshing room for the liquid, and I have read that you need a minimum amount developer in the solution (4ml?). So far with this method I've had no problems.

For 1+100, most 100-400 films I've tried come out ok in the 18-22 minutes range (Efke 25 works well too). For 1+200, which so far I have only used on sheet film, I have tried 45, 60 (for Efke 25) and 90 minutes. The 90m was for 5x4 classic pan 400. I have yet to scan this, and it's not yet 100% dry, but it looks good, and very even across the sky.

Paul

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thank you all for the feedback. I'll let you know after my first attempt.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    FWIW, I've done stand development with 120, 35 mm, and even 16 mm in tanks. Works fine if you have the right developer. I like highly dilute HC-110 for this, but others like Rodinal and still others find they can use whatever. I don't personally like the very pronounced adjacency effects in smaller formats -- the required enlargement changes an acutance increase into a very unnatural look -- but it seems fine in 120.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin