Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,919   Posts: 1,521,978   Online: 1131

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just as a postscript, I bought 11 Hewes 5x7" hangers today. Unlike Kodak, with Hewes you get straight through on the phone to the managing director! With discount, the hangers cost £21.80 + VAT each, avaialble from stock for immediate delivery. Hewes believes in a lean operation and in the interests of exploiting synergy effects also runs a pub next door to their workshop!

NOTE TO ULF USERS: Hewes will custom-build any size hanger you like!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Good to know. Are these 2-sheet hangers? I've found tons of 1-sheet 5x7" hangers for almost nothing on eBay, including 18 new old stock in their original boxes.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Good to know. Are these 2-sheet hangers? I've found tons of 1-sheet 5x7" hangers for almost nothing on eBay, including 18 new old stock in their original boxes.
    The Hewes hangers are for one sheet per hanger. I have also searched e-bay, have found only film/plate hangers which give unevenly developed edges.

DKT

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb

Try California Stainless or Leedal. CS made the deeptank I use at work--they have great customer service, and although they're not online, they have a good catalog. They offer a range of standard tanks, sinks and fittings--but they'll custom make stuff as well. They make trays in large sizes for one thing, and make a number of nice deeptanks....

fwiw, my catalog is a couple of years old, but the 2-up 5x7s are about $77, with the singles at $28.

I've been buying used stainless hangers for years though, and lately, the prices have just bottomed out. There was a place down in NM that we bought some used Kodak hangers from about ten years ago. They were selling them at 12 bucks each. At that time, our Kodak price was $45. I remember having to write a justification for the order.....now though? Last year I bought a whole box of hangers and racks for about 50 bucks. I got over 25 hangers and 2 racks, in addition to a bunch of control strip clips and misc doo-dads....One of those racks--we needed at work and were actually in the process of ordering. It would have cost almost 200 hundred bucks...I couldn't believe it when I saw this box....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin