Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,573,004   Online: 849

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since grain is a problem with the new APX400 I'd give it a shot in Microphen.
    DDX 1+4 for 16 minutes gave me good results, and IIRC that is almost equivalent to Mirophen 1+1
    So Microphen 1+1 for 16 minutes should be in the ballpark
    Mama took my APX away.....

In Podgorica, Montenegro, Serbia and Montenegro, Europe
    Shooter
    35mm
    last night I mad ea few copies from this experiment, and tehe results are good, grain is good like on 400 iso in d76, so I fix the problem
    very soon I will make i big copies, so that we will see the grain and contrast

Shooter
    35mm
    I know my response will not help in the situation present. Also, I realize that it is bad form to answer a question with a question. Still, if asa 800 is required why not use Delta or Kodak 3200 which has an honest rating of 800?
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A friend of mine works at a professional lab doing nothing but developing film. They use Xtol at full strength. He tells me their dip&dunk system has a seasoned tank, which depleats the strength of the Xtol a little bit, due to residue from film, and other factors. They basically keep replenishing it.

In the case of APX400 at EI800, they normally run at 7min10s. He estimated about 6 to 6-1/2 minute with freshly mixed Xtol at full strength, developed in normal daylight tank with normal agitation patterns.

Hope that helps,

- Thomas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can try the times listed here for Rodinal. It's in Finnish, but the times are easy enough to read :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah, so I am not going nuts - the new APX400 is a bit of a beast compared to the old! I thought maybe I was just seeing old prints through rose cooured glasses!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

apx 400 @ 800

Quote Originally Posted by duel
    Does anyone know, or have a time for developing agfa 400 on 800 iso, in developer D76 or HC110 (1+31) or michrophen?
    thank U
    If you've got one chance to do it, try D-76 1+1, 18 minutes @ 68. Agitate once a minute.

If you've got a second roll, PPPLEASE shoot it at 800, and cut a strip off and try the development.

good luck

don

"This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin