Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,725   Posts: 1,515,053   Online: 1106

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In Podgorica, Montenegro, Serbia and Montenegro, Europe
    Shooter
    35mm

Agfa 400 push on 800?

Does anyone know, or have a time for developing agfa 400 on 800 iso, in developer D76 or HC110 (1+31) or michrophen?
    thank U

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! I looked everywhere, since I really like the AGFA APX's (both 100 and 400 and the long lamented 25...). I have to say though... I like them, but they are quite full of character (read: grain) for their given speed, and 400 even more so - I don't know if I would choose this film for pushing... Actually, I don't and that is probably why I have not realized after several rolls of it in both 120 and 35mm in the last couple of weeks, that I DO NOT have that info ANYWHERE!!! I thinkn most people echo my feelings, because it seems that apx400 is best left alonor even pulled a bit. I looked everywhere - the closest I got is here, and here , but still no definitive answer...

I'll join in on this - I would really like to know if anyone has done it enought to be able to provide a grain-taming (and I like grain, so it must be pretty wild!), tried-and-true push process for this film.

Shooter
    35mm

thanx

yes I know that, i had a big problem to find the real developer for agfa 400, but thata thay i had no choice, i must push on 800, now I have a big problem to developing
    i must try something, make a test
    tahnx

Shooter
    35mm

refinal

do U know or have some idea, what is the similar developer with refinal, i have a time for developing and push on 800 in refinal (agfa developer)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, no I don't know - someone here should, though?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by duel
    yes I know that, i had a big problem to find the real developer for agfa 400, but thata thay i had no choice, i must push on 800, now I have a big problem to developing
    i must try something, make a test
    tahnx
    If you can obtain Acufine developer (or its twin Ethol UFG), I think you will find it capable of developing a very usable image on APX400 that has been exposed at a speed of 800. Sorry I have no information on the other developers you asked about. I can look up time and temperature information for APX400 in Acufine later today if you have any interest in this direction.

I get my best results from APX400 when exposed at about 250 or 320 and developed in PyrocatHD or, recently, a home-made Ascorbic/Phenidone/Carbonate developer. But I have found that APX400 and Acufine work well enough together for speeds of about 640 in overcast and 1000 in sun. I use 120 film and enlarge to 8x10, so the much-ballyhooed grainy character of APX400 causes me no problems, even in Acufine.

--Philip.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For what it's worth, this weekend I've developed APX100 (not 400) at EI 200 by using the same devel time and warming the developer to 25C. The contrast will increase, but it's a quick and easy method to gain a stop. I'll proof the negative tonight so I can give you some rough details if you want.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here is my APX400 developing data (120 format, printing with condensor enlarger on Agfa MCC and MCP):

Acufine 1:0, standard agitation: 7.5m at 70 degrees F

This is good for EI640 in diffuse light and ~EI1000 in direct sunlight (the attached photos werre made with the APX400/Acufine combination).

For Pyrocat HD 1:1:100, I expose at EI250 and develop for 11m at 70 degrees F with standard agitation.

--Philip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crane_Diptych_Full_20x24.jpg   Crane_Triptych_Full_20x24.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am baffled - I didn't expect this to be such an enigma... APX400 is a pretty common, fairly popular film... are people scared of the grain? Because it really is not that bad - I figured someone would have needed to shoot it at 800...

Shooter
    35mm
    last night i made a test, and develope a part of agfa in D 76 on 20C 11.30 min. for now negativ is ok, for a weekend i'll make some test on the paper to see the contrast and grain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin