Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,318   Online: 900

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Jobo Expert Drums for BTZS

Im trying to find the best - and most reasonably priced - solution to develop 8x10 film for BTZS. Tray seems to be a little inaccurate and the 8x10 BTZS tubes were discontinued because of high production costs. Is the Jobo 8x10 a better/more practical solution than the homegrown tubes, especially considering that I can develop up to 5 sheets, or is it overkill ? BTW, can I develop film in the expert drum by hand, or do I need the rest of the Jobo outfit ?
    Photos are made four inches behind the camera

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Rockstroh
    Im trying to find the best - and most reasonably priced - solution to develop 8x10 film for BTZS. Tray seems to be a little inaccurate and the 8x10 BTZS tubes were discontinued because of high production costs. Is the Jobo 8x10 a better/more practical solution than the homegrown tubes, especially considering that I can develop up to 5 sheets, or is it overkill ? BTW, can I develop film in the expert drum by hand, or do I need the rest of the Jobo outfit ?
    Hi Peter,

I cannot compare the different systems since I only use the jobo. You can certainly roll the tank by hand on a table, when you develop at 20 C/68 F. For color film you need the complete Jobo outfit. I made myself a sinple roller device with a small stepmotor and 4 wheels of a kids toy chariot mounted in a wooden box. Works perfectly.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Rockstroh
    JandC is selling tubes for 8x10 developing. They are great and cheap....

If you want the best possible control, specially for BTZS you need at least the tubes so that you can have a water bath. If you dont care about control too much, you can roll the expert drum or use a motor base like beseler or unicolor.

Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Print drums can be cheap. Even the Jobo ones. Only down side is the 8x10 drum holds just two sheets. But for the cost of one Expert drum you could get a collection of print drums. The Jobo [and likely others] will roll just fine on the motorbases designed for print drums.

But let me ask. How is BZTS developing different? Or is it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all. JandC tubes it is. I dont have any problems with temperature control. My main concern was finding tubes that are easy to load and change chemicals in the dark. The method requires precise developing times and temperatures, hence my concern for a practical processing container.
    Photos are made four inches behind the camera

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin