Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,264   Online: 1023

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Efke and pyrocat

I was wondering if anyone has some general starting times for pl25 and 100 in the 1:1:100 dilution for enlarging. I use sheet film, in trays. I've done some searches and have seen times anywhere from 8 to 15 minutes. If anyone could narrow this down abit I'd appreciate it.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Efke and pyrocat

I shoot Efke 100 at 80 and develop in pyrocat hd for 9 1/2 minutes, tray development at 70F. gotta be careful about scratches. This for 5x7 and 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot Efke 100 (120 roll, 4x5, 5x7, 8x10) rated at 100 and develop in 1+1+100 Pyrocat-HD, semi-stand agitation for 18 min. at 20 deg. C. I develop the 120 roll film in a SS tank on Hewes reels. I develop the sheet film either in slosher trays or BZT type tubes - depending on how much space (shared) I have available in the lab. I have no problem with scratches.

For semi-stand agitation I presoak the film for about 5 minutes, drain, gently agitate in the developer for 30 seconds and let stand for 8.5 minutes followed by 5 seconds of gentle agitation then stand for the remaining time. I use a water rinse, then fix with a neutral pH non-hardening ammonium thiosulfate based fixer.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also use Efke 25, rated at 12. I develop Efke 25 with semi-stand agitation for 12 minutes at 20 deg. C.

I presoak the film for about 5 minutes, drain, gently agitate in the developer for 30 seconds and let stand for 5.5 minutes followed by 5 seconds of gentle agitation then stand for the remaining time. I use a water rinse, then fix with a neutral pH non-hardening ammonium thiosulfate based fixer.
    Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thanks for the info. Tom, looking forward to trying the semi-stand. I was wondering if you're seeing contrast control or adjacency effects more with this method (or both maybe)? Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham
    Thanks for the info. Tom, looking forward to trying the semi-stand. I was wondering if you're seeing contrast control or adjacency effects more with this method (or both maybe)? Thanks again.
    You're welcome, Colin.

I'm seeing both effects.

I have done 1:1 comparisons between semi-stand and minimum agitation. I define minimum agitation as 5 seconds of very gentle agitation per minute and a 30 percent reduction in developing time (from semi-stand).

I mostly contact print on Azo and find I prefer the semi-stand results.
    Tom Hoskinson

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin