Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,519   Posts: 1,572,217   Online: 974

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forte

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Forte

Hopefully, Tim Rudman will not mind that i repeat a post he made on pure-silver,

You will be pleased to hear that Forte are preparing an announcement to
    state that they are now officially out of receivership and back in business.
    Due for release next week I believe.
    Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    good deal!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yipee!
    Fortezo! Fortezo!
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the post Ann...this would be very good news, as I find their papers to be quite nice.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Forte

Thank god-I knew those Hungarians were too smart to let a good thing go by.
    Besides where was Bergger going to go? I'll bet they put up a bit of the old cash
    to see it happen. Now with Kodak gone out of the picture many more people can try Forte papers. The only part of the equation is for Michael Smith to get the AZO replicate onto market.
    Best, Peter Schrager

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was in Budapest this week and bought a couple of boxes of Polywarmtone FB paper at one of the Forte stores. I also talked to one seller at Soós Fotó who confirmed what Ann is writing. He made a good point when he said that one of the problems Forte has is that resellers are hesitating to have their products in stock becase of all the rumours, thereby contribute to the negative cycle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's great news. I will still miss the incredibly cheap prices on their paper from Freestyle with their Arista.edu, but I guess we can't have everything.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's great news.

Forte are now then one of the major world manufacturers committed to the continuation of in B&W film & paper manufacture.

So we have Ilford & Forte, Agfa still not out of it's restrucuring and refinancing, and then Adox & Foma who are far smaller and able to be more flexible.

We shouldn't forget the old established UK dark horse Kentmere who's products have always been superb.

However the irony is that as Kodak pull out of the B&W paper market, their old Hungarian plant (now Forte) is perhaps going to prosper as a consequence.

Reality has brought manufacture back to the continent where photography was first practiced, which is quite starnge as it was George Eastman that took photography to the masses across the world.

ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My purchase of a 100sheet box of polywarmtone the other day must have pushed them back into the black

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin