Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,226   Posts: 1,532,677   Online: 817

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter tomorrow I will be purchasing paper by Bergger, Kodak, Forte, and Oriental. I will also purchase another box of Ilford multigrade, but from a different dealer. I will test these papers. When did you have your printing problem? Have you used any not defective Oriental paper since?

I have written Ilford twice and they have yet to reply.I was more than willing to keep Ilford as my sole paper supplier, and I use a lot of paper. At this point however Ilford's product appears to be defective and I can no longer trust their product. I am already on a very tight printing schedule, this is my livlihood and I have commitments, and it has cost me two days. Two days that I could not afford to lose.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Early Riser
    When did you have your printing problem? Have you used any not defective Oriental paper since?
    Here is a list of paper batches that I have tested for mottle and fog. The last set of tests I performed on 1st May 2005. (this date is found in the notes I gave in my first post for this thread)

[font=Arial][size=3]Oriental Seagull RP-VC paper details[/size][/font]
    [font=Arial]Size [/font][font=Arial]Qty [/font][font=Arial]Batch No. [/font][font=Arial]Obtained From [/font][font=Arial]Date shipped[/font]
    [font=Arial]8x10" [/font][font=Arial]4x20 sheet pkts [/font][font=Arial]160N0902 [/font][font=Arial]B&H Photo [/font][font=Arial]28th October 2004[/font]
    [font=Arial]11x14" [/font][font=Arial]1x50 sheet pkt [/font][font=Arial]120N0901 [/font][font=Arial]B&H Photo [/font][font=Arial]28th October 2004[/font]
    [font=Arial]8x10" [/font][font=Arial]1x100sheet pkt [/font][font=Arial]130N0901 [/font][font=Arial]B&H Photo [/font][font=Arial]19th March 2005[/font]
    [font=Arial]8x10" [/font][font=Arial]1x100sheet pkt [/font][font=Arial]120N0901 [/font][font=Arial]Oriental USA [/font][font=Arial]29th March 2005[/font]
    [font=Arial]11x14" [/font][font=Arial]1x100sheet pkt [/font][font=Arial]120N0901 [/font][font=Arial]Oriental USA [/font][font=Arial]29th March 2005[/font]

No, I've not used any good Oriental since then as I got tired of wasting my money on defective batches. Oriental is not sold in Australia, so I have to spend twice as much in order to pay for the overseas postage from B&H in the US.

FWIW, could you please list the batch numbers of the Ilford paper that you were having problems with?

thanks and regards
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    11x14; 05b701c93, 02c702c42, 92c701c09

16x20; 80a701c09

20x24; 03d702c83, 84b701c19

What are you using now?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What are you using now?
    I have at least 4 different batches of Ilford paper - none of which match yours. The batch I specifically used to check for fog and mottle was 8x10" 97D502C47. No problems were present in this batch, in fact the scan I referred to in my first post in this thread used this batch.

regards
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should clarify the paper type I am using, Ilford Multigrade, MGF.1k, that is Fiber based, glossy surface, neutral tone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Peter, just thought I'd point out that if you are writing to Ilford America they now have no connection with the newly formed Ilford Photo who rose from the ashes of Ilford Imaging UK who were part of the international Ilford group of comapnies. The paper you have was made at the UK plant and you'd be better advised to speak to them. I would be happy to do it on your behalf and get back to you through this thread, please let me know if you want me to do that. I'll be in London for the whole of next week but I still read APUG every night in my hotel so I'd be hopeful that I could get a quick answer for you.

I've looked at the images of the fault that you posted and have seen nothing like it and I'm reluctant to guess at what it may be for that just confuses the issue. I'll pass the link on to the technical people in Ilford Photo for them to add their 2c worth.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Les, Peter is not having a problem with Ilford, I am. Peter is having a problem with Oriental. The problem that I am having looks exactly like the images that Peter posted. I have never seen anything like it, but it affects 6 different emulsions. I have 3 shows to print for, the soonest to be delivered in less than a month. As of right now I have no workable paper. I have thrice emailed the us-techsupprt@ilford.com, they have yet to reply. Is this the wrong email?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Les, Peter is not having a problem with Ilford, I am. Peter is having a problem with Oriental. The problem that I am having looks exactly like the images that Peter posted. I have never seen anything like it, but it affects 6 different emulsions. I have 3 shows to print for, the soonest to be delivered in less than a month. As of right now I have no workable paper. I have thrice emailed the us-techsupprt@ilford.com, they have yet to reply. Is this the wrong email?
    Sorry I got it wrong but obviously the same offer applies. I would think that the US support people would have little interest in paper problems now that they are not part of Ilford Photo. I'll talk to my technical contact in Ilford Photo on Monday when I get to London and post a reply here.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Local Rep?

Les-so you are saying we have no contact/sales force in the US willing to answer questions; help out for problems like this.??
    Peter Schrager

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is an example of the problem I am having. These are just crude test prints so please no comments about the technicals. The main difference between the 2 images is that one sheet of paper was turned 90 degrees and the pattern turned with the paper, showing that it is the paper that is the source of the problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ilfordprob.jpg  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin