Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,222   Online: 829

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Someone to read negatives?

I'm going to take a class soon in Albumen printing. I wanted to make some negatives to bring to the workshop. My densitometer only reads for B+W hence it will not read my Pyro negatives. Anyone here willing to let me send them a few negatives so I can get a reading on this. Density for Albumen needs to be 2.0+
    What I've been doing is adding about 60% develoment time to normally developed negatives i.e. for about grade 2 but I can't be sure unless it's checked.
    Thanks, Peter Schrager

Shooter
    35mm
    I own a Brumac QC Special T/R densitometer... it is a color densitometer. If you wisn to send me some negatives that are of a step wedge I will be happy to read them for you. I am unwilling to read any continous tone negative of regular subject matter. I would read the negatives and send you an email of the readings that I get. When I have finished I would discard the negatives.

If this offer is of any interest to you send me an email. I make no representations of being skilled at sensitometry.

Claire

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Claire-I don't like taking pictures of step wedges. Thanks for the offer. I'm just going to use some regular developer and use my own densitometer. If I can do it with HC-110 or Xtol I'll figure it out from there.
    Thanks, Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Peter,

I will gladly read your negatives on my xrite 810. It is a color densitometer, but does not have a UV channel.

Larry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Thank you

Larry-thanks. I think I still have your address somewhere. I'll look now for it. If not then I'll PM for the address.
    Thanks again, Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    Perhaps the easiest and best way to get this done is to call either a local mini or pro lab and ask them what they would charge you. I doubt that it would be greatly more expensive than the postage. Certainly, I would expect, it would be much more time efficient.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    hi peter
    I will read them for you if you like, long way to send, I would try a colour lab in your area and see if they would do it for you as Claire suggests.
    best regards
    bob

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin