Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,744   Online: 902

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to develop

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think this was not well received, however I have to say that sometimes it's a lot easier to learn if someone shows you rather than reading a book/web.

I've had no problem helping anyone but I live in NC
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    As Mark suggested practice is important. Nothing is worse than having an important roll dangling in the dark as you've attempted 3 or 4 times without success to get it on the reel. Most photo stores have expired or almost expired rolls of film in a box for half price. Pick up two cheap rolls. One for practicing in the light and when you feel comfortable the other for a "dress rehersal" in the dark. Practice until it becomes easy.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I live in Hell's Kitchen and I'd be happy to help, time permitting. I could even swing by B&H or Adorama if you wanted to do a little shopping. PM me if you are interested. There's a little of my work on show in NYC at the moment if you want to be forewarned.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    35mm
    I knew I recognized that face. She is in charge of the female auxilliary of the Westies. Tread carefully boys or she will send you to the big darkroom in the sky.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    There's a little of my work on show in NYC at the moment if you want to be forewarned.

Best,
    Helen
    Whereabouts, Helen?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format

WHY?

Y'know, every forum that inkedmagazine posts in has a problem with him.
    He posts an "innocent" question or statement, then sits back and watches the fur fly. Lo unto the one who disagrees with "inky." He is allowed to goad and belittle others, and "assert" his experiences in "the publishing industry,"
    but heaven forbid others disagree with him. What he is doing is marketing research for his magazine. Sure, people are allowed to disagree, that is interesting and helps us all to grow. I feel he takes it too far; he doesn't help others to benefit from his experience, he uses it as a weapon. I feel he takes the confrontation too far; after all, we're all learning, aren't we?
    Surely, with his intelligence, he could read up on developing film, and then do it.
    This is all allowed by the admin. WHY? One word: starts with M, ends with Y.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFixer
    This is all allowed by the admin. WHY? One word: starts with M, ends with Y.
    I don't believe that _Inked_ is a sponsor of APUG anymore. He is participating as a subscriber. 12 bucks ain't a lot of M***Y.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Fixer, for what it is worth, Sean is not an ordinary Admin and that is why this is not an ordinary forum. This guy started out as a "sponsor" but after Sean read his pro digital statements in his magazine he rescinded that privilege. Mr. Inked stated that he has "seen the photographic future and it is digital."

Sean and the moderator team is trying very hard to take the "high road" in all of this. Sure he goes and buys an analog camera and a few rolls of film and walks around New York taking some snap shots so he can come here and talk the analog talk. No one is fooled. $$ is not involved. High principle is.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just don't understand why not just ignore those who irritate. It seems otherwise we play into their hands.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David asked: "Whereabouts, Helen?"

David,
    I'll send you a PM to avoid going off topic.
    Best,
    Helen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin