Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,584   Online: 987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to develop

Shooter
    Digital Negs

Need to develop

I've shot dozens of photos in the past two weeks and I'd like to meet up with a photographer in the NYC or LI area to help me develop my photos.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    go take a class like everyone else

lee\c
    Barring that, read a book!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Seems this wasn't received very well...play nice fellas..

I suggest you purchase the basic equipment to do a few rolls, keep it simple and just learn by doing. It may seem a bit intimidating at first, but when the first good batch comes out there is nothing like it..very rewarding.

Stop in a good supply place (B&H or others in New York), tell them you're new to developing and have them help you select what you need...ask for a few pointers until their patience wears, then give it a shot!
    Good luck.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And take plenty of notes. The best way to learn is doing it yourself, taking notes and learning from your own mistakes. The shops are often happy to help as blaze-on suggested. Practice on some test rolls first though. And practice loading reels a few times first before attempting the real thing, takes a little getting used to.
    Good luck.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Call Jim,

He is in Chelsea area-does black and white.

Cornelia van der Linde CEO, Pres.
    Jim Megargee, Partner, Master Printer
    MV Photo Labs & Workshops Inc.
    33 Little West 12 th Street #204
    New York City 10014
    tel 212 929 3036
    fax 212 929 3149

http://www.mvlabs.com
    http://www.mvarchivalsupplies.com
    http://www.mvphotoworkshops.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I live in Hicksvile out on Long Island. If you want to come out some time we can do a few rolls tp show you how to get started and what you need. I have D-76 and Rodinal developers so most films should be covered.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Images
    It is not hard to process your film on your own. Many of us learned this way. Don't do anything fancy, use D76 and patterson easy load rolls. Read the instructions that can be found all over the net. Waste a roll of film, unused preferably, and practice loading the roll in the day light on the reel. Having some one show you is not much different than reading instructions and looking at pictures. If you have any questions after the first roll ask here. It can be intimidating at first but after the first time it is second nature and you want to do it again and again.

Lee, Jorge, and Jim

There is an ignore button if this guy bugs you put him on the ignore list.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    It is not hard to process your film on your own. Many of us learned this way. Don't do anything fancy, use D76 and patterson easy load rolls. Read the instructions that can be found all over the net. Waste a roll of film, unused preferably, and practice loading the roll in the day light on the reel. Having some one show you is not much different than reading instructions and looking at pictures. If you have any questions after the first roll ask here. It can be intimidating at first but after the first time it is second nature and you want to do it again and again.

Lee, Jorge, and Jim

There is an ignore button if this guy bugs you put him on the ignore list.
    Hey, thanks, Mark, I'm going to try it this weekend and see what I can come up with.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll add that there are lots of Web sites with instructions for beginners. Here are a few I've got bookmarked:

Of course, there are also books on the subject -- check your local library or book store.

Note that there are differences in procedure details, timing, etc., from one source to another. Don't get hung up on these differences -- pick a procedure and use it. As you learn more, you may decide to change some aspect of your procedure. One exception to my "just do it" suggestion: Timing can be important, particularly for the developer -- you've got to match your development time to your film and the developer you use. Check the Massive Dev Chart or the data sheet provided by the film or developer manufacturer for times. These times are just suggested starting times that you may need to adjust, but they should at least produce printable negatives. Timing of the fixer step may also vary from one set of instructions to another, and that may be a function of whether the instructions assume you're using regular or rapid fixer; use the appropriate time for that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Good un Jorge.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin