Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,509   Online: 919

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When doing Efke, I just put my dry negs in a PrintFile, then put them in a moderate stack of coffe-table books. There's still a remaining curl, but it's more easy to handle, and the neg stays flat in the holder anyway so it does not impact printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Technical Pan curls badly too, because of its thin base (I know it's not made any more but I am still using it). If you use weighted clips and store it held flat it eventually settles down. Most mainstream films are no trouble. I have just spent 18 months trying to uncurl some 60 year old nitro cellulose base Agfa 127 negs that had been stored rolled up in metal tubes. They were pictures my wife's grandfather had taken in the German airforce during WWII, and of real historical, as well as family interest. That was fun (not) but it worked in the end.

David.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've never had a problem with any agfa, iflord, kodak, fuji film. But everytime I shoot maco or efke, things get outta hand.

So I don't shoot them any more. Not worth the hassle or saving fifty cents.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot 120 Efke (macophot) film, and dry it on the reels with hair dryer contraption. After drying, I put it in binder sleeves and wait a couple of days. Straight as an arrow after that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I shoot mostly Delta and Tmax 100 & 400. I get outrageous curling on Delta 3200 but no problems at all with the other two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no curl problems (or scratching problems) with any of these MF roll films. I fix in a non-hardening fixer, rinse in de-ionized water and dry with weighted clips and without heat. I store the negs in PrintFiles, with a modest amount of weight on them for a couple days. No problems.

I see no reason to deprive myself of the excellent photographic properties of these films for something that is a non-problem when proper processing and post processing procedures are used.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Bergger 120 curls as well. I did find if I dry it in a film dryer, it stays flat. Unfortunately I don't have one yet. The kodak films I use have not been a problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lucky 120 was curling a lot. Especially when i was trying to scan it with Epson 3170.
    Probably curling gets worse when heated or when loosing humidity/water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin