Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,540   Online: 1032

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rodinal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can confirm that. My supplies are stored in my basement in a corner closet which is not insulated. In the winter the temp there creeps down towards 50*F, and it was cold enough to crystalize my open bottle of Rodinal.
    The developer still worked fine, careful just not to pour the crystals into the mix, as it might damage the film emulsion (although I doubt it). I extract my 20ml with a syringe.

Apart from that, I've had Rodinal sitting on my shelf for two years in an opened bottle, and what comes out is a darkbrown slur, but it seems to work great anyway.

- Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    I would not store it in the fridge as I have heard that some devs will crystalize and it will be tough to solve the crystals in the fluid again. I store mine in the dark in a well-ventilated room. No problems with Rodinal or HC-110.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Happy Birthday Tim!!

I don't know either, I just wanted to say happy birthday I have a bottle from 1971 that came with a C1 outfit. I keep threatening to give it a try so I can brag about oldest bottle etc,. Maybe this week while my bride is busy teaching VBS.

I did some shots of the most beautiful "Prickly Poppies" Ive ever seen with the Mono Lake burn in the background on my way over to Geary's. Was thinking of you.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    They say it burns but is not consumed.
    Should work fine in hell.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    i use the rodinal for efke sheet (4x5) film diluted at 1+50.
    100 asa film set as 50 asa, and developed at 20 degrees, for 10 minutes.
    invert the tank each 30 seconds.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

1971 bottle opened

This is an old glass bottle that came with my C1 Calumet outfit that brought me my Ries Tripod. It was still sealed until last evening. Came out very brown. It was warm in the darkroom so I used 5.25 minutes 1:100 for 5 sheets of Efke 25 in the Jobo 3010. Tim I was thinking of you and your recent (still?) burn of a favorite area. This is just S of Mono Lake on US 120. I've never seen such beauty set in stark sorrow.

"Hope"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim, thanks for this post. Beautiful shot and nice tonality, the print must sing on this one. You may have come up with a new version of the "brown bottle flu" with that Rodinal.

Looks like the burn in the Santa Ritas will be under control this week. We finally had rain last night, hopefully no more temps of 111 like we had sunday. Best, tim

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Jim nice shot. The tones are wonderful. I went over to the Rodinal article in the Unblinking Eye site. What interested me was combining Xtol with Rodinal. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on this. Ed said in the article he used this with Delta-400, the film I use with good results.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good shot! All the non-Rodinal users should see this.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think "modafoto" - Morton Damkjear - must have just had an org.... Uh... A sharp pang of absolute ecstasy!!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim: That is one beautiful photograph... you have contributed to my day. I wouldn't care one whit how the neg was processed to get these results ... besides, your eye/composition was as important as your technical process. But I can confirm that at least IMO Rodinal was a damned fine enabler for the wonderful technical results.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin