Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,714   Online: 940

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Perhaps you've huge 24 x 30 or larger prints in mind.
    Rodinal won't make a fine grain film grainier. It will allow
    a grainy film to show it's grain. With FP4+ and 4x5 I'd not
    worry about grain until 40 x 50.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    Well guess what?! The extremely unlikely has happened!!

I can be a real airhead sometimes but I have never in my life fubared film so badly. I have a system and it has always worked. The only changes have been the soup I chose I use. Anyway.... I did a couple of test shots and developed them in the HC-110, being extremely careful with my mixing and making sure I didn't use fixer in place of developer as was suggested. I thought maybe that's what I'd done. And since I thought I might have contaminated my fixer with developer, I mixed a new batch (not a big loss as the jug was about empty anyway). So I took the new film out of the fixer bath and the SAME THING HAPPENED. Nothing!
    <snip>
    OK, what was your dilution, and how much did you mix up? Were you working from concentrate or from stock?
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    p.s. Is there any way to bring the film I ruined back from the dead? Can I sacrifice a chicken or something?
    If there is any image there whatsoever, then YES, you can redevelop it using an intensifying toner to get some modest resuilts. However, it seems that there is nothing there whatsoever. If you cannot see some image at all, then no way.

If I may ask, what kind of shutter are you using? I really do not think you messed up with developer. To be sure, lean outside the window and shoot two more sheets. Develop one as you did, and the other in a tray with Dektol.

Sorry it happend to you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I usually shoot 2 sheets per image, and I also tray develop 1 sheet at a time. Since I don't do a lot of volume it's not an issue, and if anything goes wrong I get 1 more chance..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    OK, what was your dilution, and how much did you mix up? Were you working from concentrate or from stock?
    I used dilution B from the concentrate as described here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    If I may ask, what kind of shutter are you using? I really do not think you messed up with developer. To be sure, lean outside the window and shoot two more sheets. Develop one as you did, and the other in a tray with Dektol.

Sorry it happend to you.
    Thanks I'm disappointed but fortunately, the shots can be re-done as both scenes were local.

I'm positive it had to be the HC-110. In the test shots I developed in the t-max that came out fine, the ONLY change was the soup.

However, you have my curiosity up... why would I need to do more test shots leaning out of a window?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks I'm disappointed but fortunately, the shots can be re-done as both scenes were local.

I'm positive it had to be the HC-110. In the test shots I developed in the t-max that came out fine, the ONLY change was the soup.

However, you have my curiosity up... why would I need to do more test shots leaning out of a window?
    Regarding the last - I was trying to suggest an easy test of the shutter. It was silly. I'm tired. You can look through the back as you trip the shutter to know if opens. Man, I'm going to quit here while I'm behind.

When the same happens to me, I'll 'fess up big time. So far, so good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    Regarding the last - I was trying to suggest an easy test of the shutter. It was silly. I'm tired. You can look through the back as you trip the shutter to know if opens. Man, I'm going to quit here while I'm behind.

When the same happens to me, I'll 'fess up big time. So far, so good.
    LMAO - ok, well you had me going! I thought I was missing some weird, secret LF test or something! But yeah, the shutter is doing great - one of the first things I checked.

Totally outragious and I can't believe it either but it's gotta be the HC-110.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You said the HC-110 was almost gone - is it possible this was old and past it's shelf-life?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaughn
    You said the HC-110 was almost gone - is it possible this was old and past it's shelf-life?
    No - I said my jug of FIXER was almost gone. I bought the bottle of HC-110 about a month ago and just opened it today.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin