Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,413   Online: 974

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Dang it all to h*e*double L!!

I just processed some 4x5 sheets of Ilford FP4+ and guess what?!!? There's nothing there! Nothing! ZIP! Zilch All I have are 6 perfectly clear sheets of film with a slight purple cast to them. I have flubbed developing on occasion but I at least got SOMETHING on the film.

I used HC-110 dilution B and processed for 6 minutes.

Any ideas on what went wrong??

Thank you in advance for the help. I'm going to go somewhere and stomp my feet alot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe your shutter didn't fire? Or you left the lens cap on? I'm not taking the rise, but we've all made mistakes.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Shutter problem? Sheets loaded upside down? You must have focused with the lens cap off, so I think we can rule that one out. Forgot to pull the darkslide six times? Left the shutter set at the fastest speed when you meant to use B or a longer speed? Switched fixer and developer? Forgot to add the HC-110 to the water?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    if you fix the film first then develop it will do that too.

dil b for 6 min should give you an image I agree you did something wrong

Check Andy's post too and did you pull out the darkslide? This is a big favorite of mine. try it again and then report bact on your findings.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    <snip>Forgot to add the HC-110 to the water?
    Been there, done that...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    Been there, done that...

Haven't we all!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    At least that one is reversible if you notice the graduate full of HC-110 syrup before getting to the stop bath or the fixer.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeez! I don't know WHAT happened. I mean, I have forgotten to pull the dark slide plenty of times. But I've realized, cursed, and fired again. It couldn't be a shutter problem because I used at least two different lenses... My gosh... is it possible that I confused the.... wait a minute... what if I added WAY too much HC-110? A quick look at this page will reveal what I think I did... I mixed for the Euro version.

Is that the culprit??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    Jeez! I don't know WHAT happened. I mean, I have forgotten to pull the dark slide plenty of times. But I've realized, cursed, and fired again. It couldn't be a shutter problem because I used at least two different lenses... My gosh... is it possible that I confused the.... wait a minute... what if I added WAY too much HC-110? A quick look at this page will reveal what I think I did... I mixed for the Euro version.

Is that the culprit??
    I don't think so because the result of having way too much HC110 would be over development. You probably would have gotten mostly black negs, not clear.

I don't have anything more to add to the other ideas. Seems pretty strange.

Images
    If you have perfectly blank sheets two things could have happened.

1-no light got to the film.
    2-SOme how fix happened or developer did not make it to the film.

If you diluted wrong there would still be at least a ghost of an image.

Honestly chalk it up as a mistake and move on. For every mistake I have made I have learned to pay closer attention to what I am doing. At this point I actually talk to my self. my dad-shooting partner-says I act like his OCD kids at times. He teaches nothing but Emotional/behavior Disorder kids so he should know.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin