Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,704   Posts: 1,548,473   Online: 887

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Amazing Discovery or OOOPS!

I don't know if this belongs in the film and chemistry section, or in the hang my head and put my tail between my legs section. I thought that after being involved in photography for more years than I can count I had made all the mistakes possible, but no, I found a new one. I just developed (maybe "processed" is the correct word), 2 rolls of 120 FP4 in Pyrocat HD. I have been using Pyrocat for quite a while with wonderful results and great consistency. Well, to make a long story short if you use 2 parts of the "A" solution and 0 parts "B", you get nice clear negatives. Not exactly the effect I was after. Oh well, there's always tomorrow....

Shooter
    Large Format

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Maybe that is why its part a AND b! haha. We all make mistakes. Its okay. I think my biggest mistake was when I was first mixing Amidol...I used Sodium Sulfide, rather then Sodium Sulfite! MY WHOLE DARKROOM WAS A ROTTEN EGG! EWWW!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by disfromage
    I don't know if this belongs in the film and chemistry section, or in the hang my head and put my tail between my legs section. I thought that after being involved in photography for more years than I can count I had made all the mistakes possible, but no, I found a new one. I just developed (maybe "processed" is the correct word), 2 rolls of 120 FP4 in Pyrocat HD. I have been using Pyrocat for quite a while with wonderful results and great consistency. Well, to make a long story short if you use 2 parts of the "A" solution and 0 parts "B", you get nice clear negatives. Not exactly the effect I was after. Oh well, there's always tomorrow....
    If it makes you feel any better I will confess that I have done this myself, and more than once. And once with a 12X20" negative.

Life can really bite you on the butt sometimes!!

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sandy, I suddenly feel better!

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    If it makes you feel any better I will confess that I have done this myself, and more than once. And once with a 12X20" negative.

Life can really bite you on the butt sometimes!!

Sandy
    Now that had to hurt..
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format

My Big Boo Boo

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]If you think that's bad, I can remember a time when I was out shooting on a cold winter morning. I was certain that I had some incredible shots on the rolls from that morning. I had not done any photography for a few months and I was rarin' to go. I loaded up the tank and just before pouring in the pre-soak, I got the feeling that I may not have loaded the reels correctly. So I opened up the tank and had a look. Everything looked fine so I closed the tank and commenced processing, thinking about the masterpieces that I had. I did not realise what I had done until I had a look at the film as I was removing it from the reel. Totally exposed film, and a whole morning's effort shot, as well as the time and chemicals wasted in the darkroom. Feel better now?

Mike Sullivan[/SIZE]
    [/FONT]
    Last edited by Zathras; 07-24-2005 at 06:27 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: sloppy typing
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Zathras, that sounds like an excellent argument for never developing before coffee... Ouch!
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I "feel your pain". Having botched my fair share of film developing by getting ahead of myself or just not paying attention, I can relate...

I'll add that one to my list of mixtures that don't work, right after Microdol-X 1:3 when the "1" of stock isn't added to the "3" of water...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ouch!

Last fall: I had just finished dunking 10 sheets of Efke 25 in a Rodinal bath. I placed the lid back down and reached over to turn on the lights. When I turned around I realized that I had placed the lid down on the stop bath tank. After that, I made certain that the stop and fixer tank were at least 20 inches away from the the dev tank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin