Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,878   Online: 971

View Poll Results: How often do you pray in the Rodinal Church?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • I praise in the holy Rodinal church most of the times I fill my tank with film

48 42.86%
  • I never praise to Rodinal

13 11.61%
  • I have an ocasional word with the Rodinal God

51 45.54%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So far I have only used Rodinal since I set up my home darkroom, although I do have a couple of others. I am pleased with the results so far. Guess that's why I haven't tried the others.

g

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did my first rolls with Rodinal since it was the only revealer my photography shop offered at that time. Now I'm trying every other revealer I can find. But as soon as I get my neutral filter I'm going to push process a Delta 3200 film in Rodinal to see how much grain I can get :-)
    Franck Yvonnet
    Wannabe artist
    http://Fra.nck-Yvon.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have been using Rodinal for years now. It is still my developer (or revealer, nice word, Franck) of choice for APX 100. But I use Paterson FX39 for Delta 3200, HP5 and FP4. And I use Rodinal Special to develop Agfa Scala as a negative film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Rodinal with APX 100 in 120, which is the bulk of what I shoot. I am going to try a roll or two of Tri-X in it since there are a number of folks around here who seem to like it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
    (or revealer, nice word, Franck)
    I think the word revealer that Franck uses is derived from the french word for developer, révélateur. But indeed a nice word!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am just starting with Rodinal ;-)
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has anyone mentioned the word "compulsively" yet ? Its such a classic look, and so hard to screw up - I love it for everything other than traditonal 400's in 35mm (and I still use itthere if I don't mind the grain in that particular application!)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I started using Rodinal about 6 months ago but I wasn't terribly impressed until I tried stand developing, 1:200 for 2 hours and I love the results. I also love not having to agitate the tank or stand in the dark shuffling film sheets in the trays. Oh, and the fact that I only use 10ml of developer for 12 4x5 sheets of film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    I think the word revealer that Franck uses is derived from the french word for developer, révélateur. But indeed a nice word!
    I use to mix french and english words a lot. Lately I said "degraded filter" instead of "graduated filter" and the same day I used "filtre gradué" instead of "filtre degradé". I should stop reading french photography forums
    Franck Yvonnet
    Wannabe artist
    http://Fra.nck-Yvon.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm pretty much split on Rodinal and Ilford's S or HC developers. I use the holy one for PanF+, FP4 and APX100. The Ilfords are used on HP5, and any of the Deltas.
    Sometimes I'll use Rodinal on the faster speeds to get that grain to make a subject(image) more... seedy or rough looking. This works really well on Delta 3200.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin