Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,261   Online: 996

Shooter
    Multi Format

One film, two iso ratings.

I just found out that the Tri-X 400 film that I had pulled from one camera and finished in another had been misscalibrated. The first rating was iso 400 in a Yashica T4 while frames 15-30 were shot in a Nikon FE and rated at iso 200.
    How does this sound: Rodinal 1+24 for 15mins at 20c.

Thanks,
    Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy
    How does this sound: Rodinal 1+24 for 15mins at 20c.
    That sounds way too much.

I do the film 1+50 for 13 minutes when shooting @ 400. For 1+24 (or 1+25) I would go for 7 min @ 400 or 4½ min @ 200. Try giving it 5½ and it will be almost in between. Then you will get slighty overdeveloped negs for the shots done @ 200 and slighty underdeveloped negs for the shots @ 400. Both will be printable without much loss.

Or try it for 10 min. in 1+50.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's only one stop difference. I would develop the whole thing to 400 - it's easier to control high density than thin negs with no shadow detail.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    That's only one stop difference. I would develop the whole thing to 400 - it's easier to control high density than thin negs with no shadow detail.
    Sounds reasonable. I can join this opinion, too.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin