Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,452   Online: 965

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll do some scrounging out in the garage tomorrow and see what I come ou with. BTW the "classic" pack film camera is the Polaroid / Mamiya 600SE. It had 3 interchangeable lenses all superb. Here's one for you to look at. I haven't watched prices on these so have no idea what they go for. With the 3 lenses it seems like it would be worth $450-$600 but I just don't know anymore. There was also an "M" adapter that would attach the excellent Mamiya 6X9 and 6X7 rollfilm backs to this but they're like hens teeth to find.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The Polaroid 180 and 195 are still commanding respect too. While not as elaborate as the 600SE, they seem to be a prized tool, going for $200 and up on the auction site.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The glass-lens consumer Polaroids are also capable of respectable performance. These (Models 100, 250, 350, 450, and a few others) had a Cooke Triplet type lens similar to the Radionar on my Kawee Camera, which is capable of very respectable performance stopped down past f/8. And since the Polaroid lenses are f/8.8 wide open, and stop down to f/42-f/60, depending on model, they're capable of doing just fine.

I've just gotten a 350 (thanks, Murray!), and once I get the corroded battery connectors replaced to bring the shutter and timer back to life, I expect to get images that will be more than worthy of keeping Type 665 negatives (but I'm going to test with Type 667 first). My only major wish with these is that they had a standard cable release socket instead of requiring proprietary Polaroid accessories for both cable and self-timer. At least the glass lens versions have a metal body and tripod socket...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin