Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,730   Posts: 1,515,255   Online: 812

Shooter
    Medium Format

Overexposed tri-x

I have a roll of tri-x I've shot at 400, most of the roll is street photography taken on a really overcast day. 2 frames I took of a friend of mine (wearing a white dress) and accidentally shot 3 stops overexposed, these which are likely to be the best on the roll and possibly unrepeatable, so I'm not sure how to develop.

I normally dev tri-x in XTOL but I was thinking of using pyrocat on this film to hold the highlights from the overexposed frames. Pyrocat and low contrast scenes are not a good combo so this might render the street shots unprintable. Any advice?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three stops overexposure calls for stand development...
    One hour in Pyrocat HD 2:2:100 works for me...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blix@broadpark.no
    Three stops overexposure calls for stand development...
    One hour in Pyrocat HD 2:2:100 works for me...
    Do you do any agitation at all at the beginning of the process?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I agitate the first minute.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tri-X in XTOL has a long straight line that can handle your 3 stop overexposure with normal results. You don't HAVE to do anything different.

The danger in trying a new developer is trying to 'out think yourself'.

I would use the suggested Kodak development time for EI 100. Diluting 1:1, 68 degrees, 6 3/4 minutes. Printing on a #2 will probably work out fine.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin