Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,436   Posts: 1,596,891   Online: 1205

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I can't speak authoratively on this I just read it on APUG. However, this should not be critical (for 16-oz., I would guess about 5ml?).
    [FONT=Times New Roman]MAC[/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ggriffi
    I do have two bathrooms, and I appreciate the info.

Hortense,

I do have an issue with humidity how much isopropyl alcohol would you add to the solution you recommended?

g
    Sorry ggiffi, I hit the wrong button. Now I guess I'll have to repeat? Anyway, for 16-oz, I would guess about 10ml. (living in a very hot dry climate, I have never needed it). I got this information from another APUGer.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]MAC[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a suspended ceiling in my darkroom so over the 30x80 inch sink I cut the 2x4 ft ceiling tile in half and replaced the 2x2 ft square with the honeycomb cover from a flourescent light. This allows me to hang 4x5 to 8x10 inch film from clothes pegs or any type of hangers and also I can hang 35mm and 120 film to dry as well. This system has served me well as I can hang any format as the need be.

Gord

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I wash them well in our exceedingly hard water. I was battling spots on the negs and messing with photo flo and other methods to no avail. Then as someone at APUG suggested simply spraying with distilled water. I haven't had a spot problem since on sheet or roll film! I love APUG! Then the sheets are hung by clothspin and line over the 3meter sink to dry slowly.
    Best regards,
    James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    get those small black paper clamps from office supply stores and thread them onto some string like a clothesline. no stains like clothespins and very precise clip outside the image area.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I happened to have 20 film clips, so I unwound a wire clotheshanger, slipped 12 of them on, and rewound the hanger.

So now I have a custom film hanger - 12 4x5", or 6 5x7", or 4 8x10" or roll films. I prefer to keep some spacing between the longer films so they don't stick.

I also found a glass plate drying rack in my collection, and have even put it to use for its intended purpose!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I hang them over the bath by tiny wooden cloths pegs I found in a craft store. The pegs are about an inch long, make almost no mark on the negative, and a big bag cost £1.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you use clothespins, a good trick that Ansel Adams mentions is to flip them around in the spring, so that the "handle" end becomes the clamping end, reducing the film contact area.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use binder clips attached to my drop ceiling cross members with other binder clips.

I also purchased some of these http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/prod...products_id=35 hangers from the Megaperles shop in Japan. At first they didn't work because th film sheets bumped into each other and they just sat there taking up space. As I was about to give them to my kids for toys I realized I could remove the clips and attach them with the spring part so the film is all parralel to each other (well in a fan shape). I have only tried them with 4x5 but they work well and let me hang more film than the binder clips did in the same space.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt
    I use binder clips attached to my drop ceiling cross members with other binder clips.

I also purchased some of these http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/prod...products_id=35 hangers from the Megaperles shop in Japan.
    I just bought that in our local supermaket! 3 Euro, no shipping involved.

G

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin