Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,761   Online: 968

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hang my 9x12 cm from the same clips I use for roll film -- magnetic document clips I got at an office supply store, 2-pack for under a dollar. I clip the corner of the film outside the image area and hang the sheets from the head of a torchiere lamp (handy steel surface to take the magnets), emulsion side underneath. With my final rinse in PhotoFlo mixed with distilled water, I get very nice, spot-free negatives and very little if any dust, even though this is in a carpeted room open to household air circulation.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Use 25ml of isopropyl alcohol per liter of distilled water, along with half the amount of photo-Flo for a final wash for about 1 min. Use a stronger percent of alcohol than the standard off the shelf rubbing alcohol, canít remember the %, maybe 70? Hang in the shower from a corner as others have done. I always turn on the shower for a little while to bring the humidity up and knock the dust down. Take a small towel and just dab the large bubble of water on the bottom corner. Cleanest negatives I have ever had!
    When I had a nice drying cabinet I always put a tray of water in the bottom for a couple hours before a session, and sprayed the inside with a water bottle to also bring the humidity up. I always had problems if I tried to dry too fast with heat.
    Regards, Dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by djolicoeur
    Use 25ml of isopropyl alcohol per liter of distilled water, along with half the amount of photo-Flo for a final wash for about 1 min. Use a stronger percent of alcohol than the standard off the shelf rubbing alcohol, canít remember the %, maybe 70?
    I use the same as Dan mentioned above except after washing I hang my negs in metal hangers (that I have from when I did the dip method of developing). Then I spray them with the solution of isopropyl alcohol, distilled water and photo-Flo. I just use a cheap spray bottle from the dollar store and give then a really good soaking - no more water stains

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin