Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,320   Online: 883

Shooter
    35mm

The old in and out. (refrigerating and thawing film and paper)

Several times in the past couple of weeks, I have been intending to go out and shoot some film; I removed my APX and Acros from the fridge to let it warm up. Then, for one reason or another, I decided not to go out and shoot. Back into the fridge went the film(s). I have done this also with RC paper; will moving the films and paper from the fridge and back again (repeatedly) cause any problems, say, from condensation? Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shouldn't think so. I regularly take a box of sheet film out of the fridge, let it warm up for 30 mins or an hour (or more), load some holders and replace the rest of the box back in the fridge ready to repeat the process days later.

Cheers, Bob.

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too have taken film in and out of the fridge and not experienced any problems.
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wfe
    I too have taken film in and out of the fridge and not experienced any problems.
    Yer suppose to take the film OUT of the fridge and shoot it?

I guess I am just a bit unclear on the concept.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    Yer suppose to take the film OUT of the fridge and shoot it?

I guess I am just a bit unclear on the concept.

tim in san jose
    I guess it depends of whether you are doing your shooting inside the fridge.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only thing that I would suggest is that you ensure that the film and paper be in zip-lock bags. I do this and also throw in a couple of those little dessicant packets into the bags for good measure.

What this does is ensures that when you pull the film or paper out of the refrigerator or freezer the condensation forms on the outside of the zip-lock and not on the film/paper. Let it warm up to room temp and everything will be OK.

FWIW this is what I do when I bring my cameras and film into the house after being outside on cold winter days.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power
    The only thing that I would suggest is that you ensure that the film and paper be in zip-lock bags. I do this and also throw in a couple of those little dessicant packets into the bags for good measure.
    Kent

Seems like a good idea. Apparently you don't do things "the Max Power way!"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin