Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,558   Online: 1063

Shooter
    Large Format

Daylight tank for 5x7?

Does a daylight tank for 5x7 exist? Or for that matter 8x10, though I suspect the answer to the latter is no. Did anybody ever make one? I am aware of the Jobo system and also of the use of unicolor drums, but was looking for a more traditional daylight tank. I am quite happy with my HP combi tank for 4x5 which gives me very even development. My only gripe is that it handles only six sheets at a time.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There was an HP Combi Tank for 5x7", but it's been discontinued for some time.

I don't know of any daylight tank for 5x7" or larger other than the various drums and tubes, which you already know about.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never seen, nor even heard of one. Thinking about it though, the thing would be a bit cumbersome to agitate. Maybe that's why you don't hear about them.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have seen a German one for 13x18cm film, but not one for 5x7". That's one of the cases where the difference in film size really matters - I have a set of deep tanks and hangers for 13x18 which can't be used with 5x7"!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    I have seen a German one for 13x18cm film, but not one for 5x7". That's one of the cases where the difference in film size really matters - I have a set of deep tanks and hangers for 13x18 which can't be used with 5x7"!
    Do you have any details regarding this German tank? Manufacturer, availability and any stores that carry it (esp if mail order with shipping to the US). Just confirming also that this is a daylight developing tank and not a deep tank with hangers. I may shoot more of the format if I can develop the film more easily. I believe that J&C carries film and holders in 13x18, and if I am not mistaken the 13x18 holders should fit fine in my Canham camera.

I mostly enlarge but am beginning to explore the world of contact printing. I find that 4x5 is too small a size for contact prints but 5x7 is much more viable in that regards and my Canham 5x7/4x5 is far less of a beast than my Zone IV 8x10. I also have the option to buy a Durst 138S if I can find the space for it which would allow me to enlarge 5x7 though I doubt I would see much improvement over enlarged 4x5 since I rarely print larger than 11x14.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I saw it in a second-hand shop, somebody had cleared out a darkroom... I'm sure it was a daylight tank. I didn't buy it since I had already tried and recjected daylight thanks for 4x5".

I use 5x7" and 13x18 as I can find films - two sets of holders and one camera.

I rarely print larger than 9.5x12", but there still is a difference between 5x7" and 4x5" (I have a 138S)
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could use a Jobo tank (Jobo 3006, I think). No motor needed, just roll it on the bench or in the sink.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi

Lock http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?o...31049991190494
    in the past they did also a 5x7 but it is not more listed. But it should also work with a 8x10.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin