Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,632   Online: 723

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ray... you're a dirty old man. I respect that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Ray... you're a dirty old man. I respect that.
    Thanks!
    At heart, I'm actually more the "Bruce Wayne" type.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well then, Batman Ray, being the altruistic philanthropist you are... I could use a few million dollars so I can retire. PayPal okay??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Well then, Batman Ray, being the altruistic philanthropist you are... I could use a few million dollars so I can retire. PayPal okay??
    Hummm.
    Good to know you are not the greedy type!
    There might be a small transaction fee you will need to take care of first - you don't mind do you?....

I was deeply inspired by "The Millionaire" (see below). I was referring however, to Mr. Wayne's genteel nature... characterized by consideration and courtesy... a well-mannered and considerate man with high standards of proper behavior... free from vulgarity or rudeness.

Unfortunately, in my case, Fate and Financial Wealth seems to be just as clueless as their sister Justice!

Lets hope they find us both!

Ray

From Wikipedia:
    "The Millionaire" is a television drama anthology series that aired on CBS from January 19, 1955 to June 8, 1960.... The series explored the ways unexpected wealth changed life for better or for worse... The show centered around the stories of unknown people who were given, seemingly out of nowhere, one million dollars from a benefactor who insisted they [never] know him –

He was John Beresford Tipton, sketched as a semi-retired industrialist, and shown obscured by one of his high-backed leather chairs. Viewers saw only his right arm as he reached for a cashier's check for one million dollars, each week, and handed it to his executive secretary... Michael Anthony. It was Anthony's job to travel and deliver that check to its intended recipient, staying only long enough to present the gift and then, customarily, leaving the recipient's life forever.

I'm still waiting....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ahhh, yes, loved that show.

Of course, I never have forgotten Col. Humphrey J. Flack and his associate Garvey. If you can see one of those episodes you will see that it is a fitting insertion here.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, almost a year to the day... coincidence I swear!

http://new55project.blogspot.com/201...agent-iii.html
    and
    http://new55project.blogspot.com/201...-monobath.html

This seems like such a fascinating thing, the monobath. Just wanted to see if I could reinvigorate some discussion and share.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Large Format
    PE you mentioned early in this tread that d76 can develop AND fix certain films
    and you later mentioned a chloride emulsion.
    are there an chloride emulsions that are currently being made ?

thanks !

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, John, some products do contain Chloride emulsions or near pure Chlorides. Azo paper was one of them and Lodima is of a similar type.

It is also possible to use them in film emulsions such as Eastman Color Print film.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Yes, John, some products do contain Chloride emulsions or near pure Chlorides. Azo paper was one of them and Lodima is of a similar type.

It is also possible to use them in film emulsions such as Eastman Color Print film.

PE
    so if i used d76 with some azo paper, that i have
    i could skip the fixing step ?

thanks !
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, no, what you get is slower speed, sharper toe, higher contrast and then it fixes slowly. The effect is due to the sulfite dissolving the silver halide.

I do not suggest this method, but merely mention that this takes place.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin