Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,012   Posts: 1,524,694   Online: 754

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Re: Pan F, Rodinal, Densitometers, Zone VI VC Heads and Zone VIII

I've actually just started testing Pan-F+ 1+50, using a mongrel testing technique:

1) Determined preliminary EI by comparing a grey card to prints of zone V negatives exposed at EI 25 to EI 100 (EI appears to be 40 when developed 7.5 minutes).

2) Determined density of zone VIII negative by comparing fb+f and zone VIII print times as discussed in [size=3][size=2]The Ansel Adams Guide : Basic Techniques of Photography - Book Two. (Density appears to be 1.25ish) and by visual analysis of zone VIII print (seems a bit too dark).[/size][/size]

This matches very closely my experience shooting with this combination over the last year or so. I may adjust my development time up a bit to raise the tone of zone VIII.

I'm using an Omega D5 condenser enlarger, so my only concern is that the density of my zone VIII seems a bit high (St. Ansel says it should be 1.15 to 1.25?) I may redo the test using another paper, since paper response biases visual analysis.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Michael: Being careful to properly develop the paper (proper proofs) as well.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin