Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,408   Online: 949

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott.
    The developer that you mention, has been discontinued.
    sorry to hear that - but it seems I still can get it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetrayne
    I've been fortunate enough to get my hands on a quite a bit of Kodak Technical Pan even though it has been discontinued, and I've gotten excellent results shooting it in sunny as well as slightly overcast conditions, rated at either ISO 25 or 50.

What other film, rated ISO 25, shot handheld at 1/125 sec. and F5.6 from the top of the Empire State Building could give you a tack sharp 20 x 24 print of the East Side of Manhattan??

I've heard that this film can be rated up to either 200 or 320. Is this true? Is there anyone who has gotten good results shooting it above ISO 50?
    You would be better off buying Kodak Technidol developer before it`s all gone. There may be other ones that are also suitable, dilute Acutol, Rodinal etc etc. Personally, I`d buy the dedicated developer.
    A simple bracketed exposure sequence of +/- one stop in half f/stop increments should help to establish a personal exposure index, one of these should be right on the button.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I read in a thread somewhere on another site about a guy shooting tech pan @ EI100 in D76 for 8 min at 68-70 deg F. This was for scanning though, the results he posted looked good.

Shooter
    35mm
    I developed some tech pan in Pyrocar hd last night for the first time. I used stand development. I mixed my developer as follows:
    1 liter of water
    4 ml Pyrocat A.
    3 grams of sodium carbonate...washing soda....this is used in lieu of Pyrocat B

I develop in open tanks using a seperate tank for each solution. The film reel
    is on a lifting rod. The rod is lifted and lowered about 1 cycle every 2 seconds a distance of a couple of inches. To maintain the eveness of development from the outside of the reel to the inside the lifting rod is NOT turned, it is just raised and lowered.

The temperature of the developer is maintained at 70º with a water bath from a thermostatic valve.
    I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING LESS THAN 1 LITER OF SOLUTION FOR A 36 EXPOSURE ROLL OF 35MM. iF YOU DO THIS WITH 1/4 OR 1/2 OF THE VOLUME LISTED ABOVE, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN..NO WHINING PLEASE.
    Presoak for five minutes in 70º tap water with with agitation as above

Put the film into the tank containing developer. Agitate as above for one minute.

When I did this last night I used a developing time of 25 minutes..1 minute of agitation+24 minutes of stand development with no agitation...I put the cover on the tank and returned before 25 minutes total had expired. My film had been latensified by low light which reduces contrast as bit. The negatives were a bit contrasty for printing on grade 2 with a condenser enlarger...I am referring to grade 2 paper not filter number 2.

The lit to shadow ratio of the scene photographed as measured with an incident was 2.5 stops.

If you use this method for printing with a condenser enlarger I would recommend that you develop as above for 20 minutes. I think 25 minutes would work well for enlarging with diffused light with grade 2 paper. Both remarks are predicated on having a similar lighting ratio.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin