Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,112   Online: 980

Thread: Wolf Deep Tank

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Wolf Deep Tank

Hi All.

I have a tendency toward the unusual, so when I saw this developing tank on eBay, and was able to buy it for a dollar I did. It's apparently for 120 roll film, although it says for roll or sheet film, but I don't see how you would use it with sheet film. It's almost 2' tall, and has what looks like a phenolic sheet inside that would act as the 'reel'. You would basically fold the 120 film in half with this part between the 2 halves, then clip the film to the sheet to hold it in place. I tried it for doing semi-stand development and while being different, and slightly awkward, it worked ok.

I'm just wondering if using a tank like this would be of any benefit to stand or semi stand development, or if a normal spiral tank will do just as well?

Has anyone else here ever used or even seen one of these tanks?

I also just bought a genuine Nikor adjustable stainless steel roll film reel & tank (standard 16oz tank, with a special reel that adjusts from 35mm to 127,120, and 116 sized film, I'd never seen one of these before either!

-Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wolftank.jpg   WolfReel.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin