Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,449   Online: 774

Shooter
    Medium Format

First attempt with semi-stand

The thread here on semi stand and the positive things Iíve heard about pyrocat used this way convinced me to give it a go with fuji acros yesterday.

I used 1:1:200 dilution with invert agitation for the first minute and then 4 inversions at the 25min mark. The total time was 50mins @ 22.5 degrees C.

The negs came out with high fog and very dense, I must have overdone the time by quite a bit. The only defects on the film were some elongated bubbles along one of the film edges. I used a plastic paterson tank and reel which may not be ideal with this type of development. The results do appear to be encouraging though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With stand, minimal, semi, etc.... Remember, the film's effective speed is boosted a bit with this process. You may find that running the film a bit faster than your normal exposure will give better results in printing. Take lots of notes about exposure and agitation techniques, temperature, etc so you can evaluate results. Print the film to see what you have, even if it looks bad. This is the best way to see results (if you don't have a densitometer). Remember that today's failure may be tomorrow's success on a difficult exposure!

About the bubbles, give the tank a sharp rap as it is set down to rest to give the little buggers a place to rise to and keep the film clean. Sheet film is much easier to use. Efke 100 responds well to this process. Haven't tried acros. tim

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Not that I use Acros, but my stand times are in the area of 45 minutes plus or minus. I also use a much higher dilution with pyrocat, usually diluted with 400 to 500ml. I'd say that for semi stand developing your times will be much lower at that concentration and temp.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin