Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,062   Posts: 1,611,511   Online: 1091

Shooter
    35mm

Beware of who doesn't give it a clue

Another half roll ruined...

tonight I've tried to reverse half roll of T-Max 100 (@50).
    I've souped it following the regular b&w reversal process but using a copper sulfate based bleach instead.

The bleach was composed of 10g/l of copper sulfate and 50g/l od sodium bisulfate (as can be seen at http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/hieslide.htm)

Results: disaster!
    The film came out solid black: I'm guessing the bleach stage didn't functioned at all.

I guess that's why people at Kodak and at Photographer's formulary, not considering the dr5.com, don't use copper sulfate as a bleach agent: because IT DOESN'T WORK!

Sh.., I must go with something tried and true because second-guessing or trusting someone who doesn't give a clue to what a reversal process is is beginning to be costly.

At least for me, YMMV.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just consider it a failed experiment and go on - have a Guinness.

Coming from a chemical background, I cannot see how the concoction mentioned could possibly serve as a reversal bleach. Better to stick with standardized known processes I guess. (E.g., Ponds and Fleashman)
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin