Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,043   Online: 833

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

D23, Divided D23 for Jobo ?

Hi,
    I would like to try D23 and DD23. For roll film, I can use inversion tank and do whatever (Stand). As for sheet film in 4x5 or 8x10, I only do Jobo. I hate trays !
    So, does someone tried this on rotary processing ?

Best regards,

G.Zuili

Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume Zuili
    Hi,
    I would like to try D23 and DD23. For roll film, I can use inversion tank and do whatever (Stand). As for sheet film in 4x5 or 8x10, I only do Jobo. I hate trays !
    So, does someone tried this on rotary processing ?

Best regards,

G.Zuili
    I use it for Tri-X in 4x5 and 8x10 rotary (using a jobo tank for 8x10, but a unicolor roller - and unicolor tanks for 4x5)

I use mainly D23 1:1. I've tried the divided D23, but didn't find I liked it quite as much.

I find this combination very nice - mainly landscapes and cityscapes - but this last coupl,e of weeks I've been using it for some detailed close ups in 4x5 and 8x10.

(I'm also fond of HP5 in DDX)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never tried any of the D23 variants, but I have used Diafine in a rotary drum and it worked fine so I would expect divided developers in general to be OK in a rotary system. I ran the Diafine for five minutes for each solution rather than the recommended three, but that was just for my own edification. It might have worked just fine at 3 minutes...I just don't have any negatives that I'm willing to test that with at this time.

Hope this helps.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    D-23 1:3 works just fine. It'll take a fair bit of fluid so that's something to consider.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi,
    I use DD23 both in rotary drum and in classical tank with the same times, and it just works fine
    Skander

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks,
    I'm going to try them with some Tri-x.
    Will tell you the results.
    Best regards,
    Guillaume

Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume Zuili
    Thanks,
    I'm going to try them with some Tri-x.
    Will tell you the results.
    Best regards,
    Guillaume
    My own personal times - Tri-X rated @200 (usually - I've also run some at 320 when I had originally been going to run it in Xtol...) D23 1:1 10m 30s @ 20c with a 5 minute water pre-soak

tim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    As a result of bromide drag resulting in uneven development with D-23 I switched to continuous (rotary) agitation. I use time, dilution and temperature to control expansion and contraction. I have not encountered lighting conditions extreme enough to warrant 2-part development. This is my developer 90% of the time and I have used it on many types or roll and sheet film. Works quite well and I don't foresee ever changing.
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin