Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,586   Posts: 1,545,813   Online: 1126

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5x7 TMY

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ok, I'd like to participate.

Dave in Vegas

We've been in discussions with Kodak about getting TMY cut in different sizes recently. The problem is the pricing they are willing to offer. I am willing to bet that the price they quote you for 5x7 TMY is going ot be around $90 a box of 50. A price that we told them most people will be not willing to pay.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    We've been in discussions with Kodak about getting TMY cut in different sizes recently. The problem is the pricing they are willing to offer. I am willing to bet that the price they quote you for 5x7 TMY is going ot be around $90 a box of 50. A price that we told them most people will be not willing to pay.
    That price is pretty close to what the retail is for 4X5 on a square inch basis, I can see why you couldn't sell it at a profit successfully, but if the cooperative is getting it for that with no additional markup, it seems like the right price range.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That sounds about right. 3 or 4 years ago, it was about $130 per box of 100. Factoring inflation and corporate desperation into the mix makes the $90/50sheets sound just about right. It is well worth it. By far the most usable sheet film being made nowadays, IMO.

C

Quote Originally Posted by jandc

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    TMY is worth a considerable premium to me. The $90 price is a little more than half what you'd pay for 8 x 10, so it's in the ballpark. 8 x 10 is 80 square in., 5 x 7 is 35 square in. More than worth it. Count me in for 5 boxes.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I would be in for a few boxes also, thanks. I try to do some hand-held 5x7 work occasionally, and must have at least a 400 sped film; TMY is the best!

John

The challenge with Kodak is figuring out ahead of time what your price limit is and sticking to it because the odds are that it will not be what you expect. Why?

Certain folks at Kodak believe based upon prior experience that some groups when quoted high prices are desperate enough to pay up for getting their order filled. The $50 questions is with the employee turnover at big yellow, are these narrow minded folks still there?

I wish that they would just be reasonable. Count me in for 5 boxes or more if it works out as expected.

Good Luck!

Cut an 8x10 in half. Nick the upper right corner.

cut an 8x10 in half. Nick the upper right corner

I could probably put 3 boxes through the Gandolfi in a reasonable perion of time. Cosmic rays in my freezer seem to have a taste for faster film while passing up on the slow stuff.
    It would be nice if John at J&C would put this together though, his service is so excellent. I'm sure he could move 50 boxes.
    I only came to look at TMY a second time after trying in vain to soak other films to a high enough contrast for G2 AZO
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin