Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,587   Online: 895

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5x7 TMY

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne
    I only came to look at TMY a second time after trying in vain to soak other films to a high enough contrast for G2 AZO
    Mark
    I've made many negatives with it which have too much contrast for grade 2 Azo, even with a water bath. You can build some incredible density with this stuff.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would be in for a few boxes.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    The only sheet film sizes Kodak makes are 4x5 and 8x10.
    I know they make and I have used Tmx100 in 5x7. Also Tri-X (320) and Portra film. They also make or made 64T transparency film in 5x7.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clay
    I'd be in for a few more boxes for sure. I know Sandy King bought some of my boxes from me as did John Zdral. I'd bet we could pull together a purchasing cooperative for this. Anybody game to try?
    Yes, I would be interested.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    I've made many negatives with it which have too much contrast for grade 2 Azo, even with a water bath. You can build some incredible density with this stuff.
    Which is one of the reasons this film is so increbile for expansion development in low light and low contrast situations, even for negatives destined for alternative printing. The other reason of course is that it has such low reciprocity failure.

I would really love ot have it in ULF. Unfortunately it does not appear that this is going to happen, in spite of a really tremendous effort put in my Michael, who has really busted his balls to make it happen

Sandy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm confused as usual. Are you putting together a group purchase of 5x7 film and taking an actual order.... or are you just trying to find out who might be interested.
    If you're taking an order do you know a cost for a 50 sheet box?

Is there a minimal order size?

-Rob Skeoch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did this order ever get put together?
    I've just gotten back into 5x7 and would love to find some TMY - probably two boxes.
    Thanks,
    Tom

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by haziz
    I know they make and I have used Tmx100 in 5x7. Also Tri-X (320) and Portra film. They also make or made 64T transparency film in 5x7.

Sincerely,

Hany.
    I was amazed to see that I was wrong about this. Calumet stocks TMX, TXP, Portra 160 NC and EPY all in the 5x7 format. Thanks for pointing this out.

However, I have no interest in either TMX or Tri-X. TMY is a completely different film than TMX. 400TMax is to me the best film made. How ironic that its lower speed namesake is what I have found to be the worst.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Tmy

Someone contact me if this goes through. I'm in for at least 5 boxes
    Best, Peter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin