Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,230   Online: 1012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going JOBO

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by C Rose
    Hey Rolliejoe
    I use ml dilution 1:50 so I only mix up what i'm use each time as well. As far as not having enough chem in the tank I have not yet run into that problem as Wally states above. I am aware that it may be a concern.... but for now it has not been a problem.
    I've been mostly processing med. format tri-x. but I'm experimenting with Efke now
    BTW love the HC110

-Cynthia
    You may not know if you are using the optimal amount of chemistry - and rotational speed (for continuous rotary processing) unless you do controlled comparitive testing.

My Jobo system has been sitting unused (for about 5 years now). I process all my B&W film (35mm thru 8x10 sheet) in tubes, tanks and trays using minimal and semi-stand agitation.

I'll go back to the Jobo if I start processing color again.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It really is very expensive to try to save money on chemistry by using too little - I use the Jobo 2500 series for 4x5 and multiple rolls of 120. I use it for hand inversion and it takes 1.25L to completely cover the sheet film. Using PMK, Pyrocat or most other one shot developers, this is not expensive compared to ruining the film with over tired developer or with uneven staining. Same with fixer - better more than less.
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolleijoe
    [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=4]

I also use HC-110 @1:50. But if I mix up that much, won't I be wasting so much of it if I'm only using mL?? I always use it as 1 shot, so maybe I should wait until I have enougn to use all 50oz? But that would take forever.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Some users get a hypodermic like device to measure small volumes of HC110.

Or get a .. now I forget the name of the thing..... a really small graduated tube that requires suction ( a small rubber bulb) to get the chemical up there and measured. They cost around $1, and are reuseable....they meaure in quantities of 1-10mL.
    Frank Filippone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank F
    Some users get a hypodermic like device to measure small volumes of HC110.

Or get a .. now I forget the name of the thing..... a really small graduated tube that requires suction ( a small rubber bulb) to get the chemical up there and measured. They cost around $1, and are reuseable....they meaure in quantities of 1-10mL.
    Pipette.
    There are two types. The one I have is 10mL and you fill it to 10 and release to the amount you want. It is graduated from 0 to 10 down. There is another type that works in the opposite - you fill TO the amount you want. 1 -10 UP.

If you buy the mechanical pump kind you are speaking of BIG bucks. Mine is a plastic pipette with bulb and cost under $10. I just don't remember where I bought it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin