Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,448   Online: 924

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going JOBO

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Going JOBO

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=4]Hi, I'm finally taking the plunge and going with JOBO after more than 20+ years using Patterson. I understand that I'll be using MUCH less chemistry, but how do I figure out how much of what I'll be using? Any & all help appreciated!

Thanks,

Rolleijoe[/SIZE][/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    I process in the 2500 series tanks, and use 170ml for each 35mmm roll, and 210ml for each 120. Thats with the 2553 and 2563 tanks, but I think it would also work with the smaller 2 reel tanks.

For times, start with about 10% less, and adjust.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The chemistry amount should be listed on the selected JOBO tank you are using.... for the format of film you are processing. Are you going constant agitation? I process in varying JOBO's with constant agitation and have been very happy with results thus far. So little chem. needed at high dilution, nice..... HC110 at 1:50ml

Good luck
    Cynthia
    Last edited by C Rose; 08-19-2005 at 01:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also bear in mind that if you are switching to continuous rotary agitation, your development times will need to be adjusted downwards. Ilford suggest 15% as a starter. Jobo manuals for drum systems still online (for now...) at Jobo-USA (http://www.jobo-usa.com/support.htm#...tion%20Manuals).

Cheers, Bob.

Pay attention to the mimimum chemistry to get the job done. With dilute developers and low volume, there may be insufficient chemical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They only use less chemicals if you rotate the tank. The 2500 tanks use alot of chemicals if you try inversion.

For 35 and 120 I went to back to Patterson tanks.
    I did not like the lack of acutance I found with constant agitation.
    Doesn't seem to matter as much with larger film
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

HC-110 @ 1:50

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose
    The chemistry amount should be listed on the selected JOBO tank you are using.... for the format of film you are processing. Are you going constant agitation? I process in varying JOBO's with constant agitation and have been very happy with results thus far. So little chem. needed at high dilution, nice..... HC110 at 1:50

Good luck
    Cynthia
    [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=4]Hi Cynthia, thanks for the information. I haven't received the equipment yet (buying from a gentleman selling off his entire darkroom, which seems now to be mine). I had thought that the reason for JOBO was constant agitation? I guess there's going to be a long learning curve in sight!

I also use HC-110 @1:50. But if I mix up that much, won't I be wasting so much of it if I'm only using mL?? I always use it as 1 shot, so maybe I should wait until I have enougn to use all 50oz? But that would take forever.

I'm shooting mostly 120 Rolleiflex, and occasional 4x5. I know I'll have to do some experimenting, as I go along. Thanks again.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    The correct amount of chemical "may" not be what is listed on the JOBO tank(s)... some developers work better when more chemical is used (such as some diluted ones)... I use a developer that suggests that 500ml be used per roll... If you "DO" go that route (larger amounts) be aware that some JOBO tanks do not hold that much developer... In my case, I use a larger tank with empty reels when I only have one roll to process...
    Regards,

Wally

Member:
    National Sarcasm Society
    (like we need your support)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Rolliejoe
    I use ml dilution 1:50 so I only mix up what i'm use each time as well. As far as not having enough chem in the tank I have not yet run into that problem as Wally states above. I am aware that it may be a concern.... but for now it has not been a problem.
    I've been mostly processing med. format tri-x. but I'm experimenting with Efke now
    BTW love the HC110

-Cynthia
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]Remember each day as a blessing, be grateful and live happy![/FONT][/COLOR]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin