Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,105   Online: 902

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    P.S. Try a sun print. Take some old fiber based paper and contact print a lith neg in the sun. This can take a long time. Then fix and wash. NO DEVELOPER. Like I said Lith is fun to play with.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I second the advice to check out the Rudman book. A really excellent tome.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't agree more with the sugestions on Rudman's book.. However if I may.. Your prints will have more highlight detail if you expose them longer- possibly much longer to bring the highlight "snatch point" nearer to the snatch point of your shadows and blacks. As Rudman says he chooses a point on the image that he wants black and watches that area for the snatch time- the rest of the print must have enough exposre for you to be happy with the detail etc..... Lith is most definetely FUN.... I was lucky enough to take a workshop wtih Rudman himself just a week ago - Lovely man and a wealth of information. He is "the man" when it comes to anything Lith! The amount of testing he has done is mind boggling.

Have a blast

I know he has a web site..

hmmmm now I need a signature

for now .. Beckie out
    Last edited by C Rose; 08-19-2005 at 01:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Guys, thanks so much for taking the time and providing me with all these suggestions and advises, really appreciate it - isn't APUG great? . Definitely I need to get THAT book now.
    I will keep on experimenting and wasting paper, hopefully soon I can post something nice
    Have a great weekend
    Salvo
    "A photograph is not created by a photographer. What he does is just to open a little window and capture it. The world then writes itself on the film. The act of the photographer is closer to reading than it is to writing. They are the readers of the world."
    Ferdinando Scianna, Magnum photographer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,
    Here is an example on Kentmere kentona. Try with a high dilution (1+10 each at least). Overexpose the print, it will take a long time in the dev, up to 15-20 minutes, but with great tonal scale.
    At that dilution, it will exhaust quickly. keep it to make some "old brown" and add a little bit of it at each session.
    Try graded papers, they respond better than multigrade.

Best regards,

Guillaume
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ike P1 copy.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very nice print!!! Thanks for the example I will have to try that paper and dilution...What kind of Lith chem are you using? I have not yet tried graded papers- trying to get comfortable with the stuff I know first.... Cowardly - Thanks for the push
    All good info - important to save that "old brown"

Beckie out
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]Remember each day as a blessing, be grateful and live happy![/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you,
    I use mostly Clayton and Nacco. I use what is available in California...
    Go for graded paper !
    All the best
    Guillaume

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Have you tried FotoSpeed (FreeStyle) that is the only one I have used - like it. Rudman seems to like it, that's what we used at his workshop anyway. I'll check my notes for the dilutions....
    I'll try and scan an example. Hasn't been pressed so not sure how it will come out.

Beckie out[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]Remember each day as a blessing, be grateful and live happy![/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought one set but never used it. If you like it, stay on with Photospeed and play with the dilutions. How was the workshop ? Did you try different dilutions then ?
    Guillaume

boc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hiya! I attended that workshop with Beckie. We had a chance to try out the Kentona paper but unfortunately it was a bad batch. We kept getting vertical lines going down the paper. Looked like a messed up digital print or something. I'm eager to try it out again though as I did like the look aside from that. I also tried an RC paper by Foma that gave me some really nice results. Unfortunately I forget the name of it. I need to figure it out as I want to know if they have a fiber equivalent that will give me the same look. Lith is too much fun, I highly encourage everyone to try it out at least once.

boc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin