Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,769   Online: 973

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I haven't processed Delta 400 in Rodinal but I have processed Delta 100 in it and I didn't like the results. Same with TMX. Both films seem to loose their special fine-grain smooth-tonality characteristics when processed in Rodinal. With TMX there is also a kind of flare around strong highlights (as if the grain is spreading into surrounding areas). My guess is that Rodinal works best with conventional emulsions where you want maximum impact. I used to get specatacular results with HP5 under studio lighting conditions (using a single flash reflected from a silver umberella).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have both on hand, why not try it for kicks?

A few months back, someone posted a comment to the effect that if you want to know what X film and Y developer will do, give it a go, 'cause it can't hurt to try.

I took this advice and tried D-400 and Rodinal 1+50 for fun. Well, if you like big, really evident grain, it's your combo!

So try it and have fun!

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrenceimpey
    I have processed Delta 100 in it and I didn't like the results. Same with TMX.
    I like Delta 100 in Rodinal 1+50, but not TMX.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, after standing there for about 5 minutes, looking back and forth between the two developers, I chickened out (or relied on the advise I received) and used the D-76. First glance at the drying negs tell me that all's well.

Naturally the PanF rolls that were waiting, went into the Rodinal.

And just to keep things confusing/interesting, I added a roll of PlusX 125...

...if I can just get the hang of winding the film onto the stainless spools, life would be so much better. I must lose two frames per roll because of contact issues. If I don't get the hang of it soon, I'm jumping ship to a paterson or jobo auto feeder/winder thingee...

Thanks for all of your help. I've already printed this thread and have it hanging in the darkroom, for future reference.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyk49
    Naturally the PanF rolls that were waiting, went into the Rodinal.
    Gooooood boy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by argus
    I never got satisfying results with any Delta film in Rodinal. FP4 and HP5 work way better!

G
    I got lovely results with Delta 100 Prof & Rodinal 1+50 for 14 minutes. Sharp, grainless and good tonal range (120 film)

D400 likes Xtol, DDx and UNDILUTED D76. If you dilute even 1:1 it looks nasty. Original D400 worked of 1:1.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    D400 exposed as 200 and developed in Rodinal 1+50+C for 7 minutes (20C/68F) (agitating once a minute) looks good to me.

Grain is there (looks like HP5 in D76) but that has never bugged me, quite sharp and nice tonality
    Last edited by titrisol; 08-24-2005 at 08:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Moravec
    D400 likes Xtol, DDx and UNDILUTED D76. If you dilute even 1:1 it looks nasty. Original D400 worked of 1:1.
    It went in full stock strength. When I saw the options on the massive dev chart, I figured that I would start from home base (stock) and, if I felt favorable about the chemical, I would try other dilutions. So far, so good...

And, (tipping hat to Morton) until my supply of PanF runs out (about 75 feet left) Rodinal will have plenty to do in my darkroom...

Thanks for all the advise and discussion...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin