Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,536   Posts: 1,646,013   Online: 982

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Old Paper

Shooter
    Multi Format
    According to Richard Benson, Kodak Illustrators' Special was Paul Strand's favorite paper. He toned it always with Nelson Gold Toner, which has a very similar action as Selenium, but not quite! The he used to varnish (!) his prints...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There was an eBay seller not too long ago selling a lot of old Defender. I bought a number of packages from in various grades...some Apex, Velour, and Warmtone DS. None of the bad packages had base fox but those old paper envelopes crack...they instantly turned black in developer. All except for one, that is. Velour T-3. Prints BEAUTIFULLY with hardly any fog in plain old Dektol. So I concluded that shelf-life was not the issue, at least not with me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would be interesting to know which paper Richard Benson would use if he had to print Paul Strand's negatives today: the late Forte PW17, the Fomatone MG 132, both semi-matte and ivory based?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just marking the Defender 58-D formula for future reference.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Large Format
    Bump for a friend
    John Bowen

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin