Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,725   Online: 966

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    Bruce,

I make up the 1040 ml RIGHT before I use it. I develop 4 4x5s and 2 5x7s or 1 8x10 then I throw it out. the chemsitry is too cheap to worry about trying to reuse it.

lee\c
    I agree "the chemsitry is too cheap to worry about trying to reuse it." And I know you and Mike have a temperature problem in Texas also. So what temperature do you use? It can't be room temp because I bought some bags of ice when I was down there.

Also, the 7 negs of various sizes you describe above, are they processed at once, together, in a single drum? Or are "like" negatives processed together in three batches out of the 1040. If so what happens to the 1040 while you are processing the first batch? It doesn't sit on the counter exposed to room temperature air does it?

I know you all must think me pretty dense but a word of explanation: I'm entering my third week of not smoking after 50+ years of smoking 2 packs a day and find everyday simple tasks a bit challanging.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce (Camclicker)
    I'm entering my third week of not smoking after 50+ years of smoking 2 packs a day and find everyday simple tasks a bit challanging.
    Good luck. I was there and got through it. Lobelia root worked for me, took the edge off the cravings. I was still a real B**ch for a couple weeks and still want a cig now and then after haveing quit 10 years ago but it is all worth it when you are no longer a slave.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    first congratulations on the first three weeks of not smoking. Keep up the good work.

I use 75F for the temp. I use use a time of 14min with Efke PL100 which I expose it at EI 50. Each of the sizes I use are what I can process at once. for example 4 4x5s at a time are all I can put into the drum and after those get processed I then throw out the chems then I can process 2 5x7s then throw out the chems and lastly 1 8x10. this is what the Unicolor tank I use will hold. For each size of film and for each run, I make another 1040 ml of working pyrocat hd. I don't reuse the chems with the exception of the fixer

hope this clears up the confusion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Total lack of development is almost always due to the absence of alkali in the developer. I've had it hapen when I grabbed the wrong bottle once. I've mixed as little as 500ml of Pyrocat HD (from Formulary) with no problems at all. Try again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't know too much about Pyrocat, but I read the begining and end of thread - seems impossible for the same A and B mixing mistake to happen more than once, how about that maybe the A and the B are not what you think? 2:2:100 won't help if that is the case. Maybe you just need to remake the A and B?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Collier
    Don't know too much about Pyrocat, but I read the begining and end of thread - seems impossible for the same A and B mixing mistake to happen more than once, how about that maybe the A and the B are not what you think? 2:2:100 won't help if that is the case. Maybe you just need to remake the A and B?
    Ah, "there's the rub.... ", my Pyrocat HD was bought from Photographers Formulary, new, unused and sealed.

I'm awaiting delivery of raw chemicals (Ordered from PF and confirmed sent to me on Sept 2) to make my own A & B and then I will chuck each brew until I nail this down or run out of chemistry. Once I am a Master of Pyrocat I may chuck the whole idea of stained negatives and Photographers Formulary as a dependable source of materials.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Les McLean brought over a two part developer we were gonna try with film shot in the workshop. We got clear film and finally discovered that he actually had two Part B's instead of one of each Part A and Part B. So it is not out of the question for this to have happened.

lee\c

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin