Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,801   Online: 835

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s
    ....as long as you know the exact starting sprocket hole of frame 1. I don't know how you would do that.
    My thought, too. But for future reference I could count the holes from start to the first frame on this film after I develop it (@ 400) and use that number for future counts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The way I see it is this:
    You have 36 shots - 10 and 26. First I'd decide which shots were more important to me (or in which I had bigger hopes vested). Then I would pick the development time accordingly and not worry about a 1 stop mistake on the other. Unless you have to have some absolutely perfect prints, one stop either way will not be anywhere close to unprintable - I would venture to say not even very difficult to print.

As far as cutting the film - its the perfect solution... except with my luck... I'd have two half frame negatives of the best image on the roll

I have a stick calibrated by exposures. I use it to pull off x number of frames in the dark if I need to develope a partial roll.

Next time leave 3 blanks between frames needing different development.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Morten

Is this NEW APX 400 ( post 2003 ) ?
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Develop the entire roll for EI 800. I wouldn't do 'N' development because you can't get the thin areas to look normal when printed. They end up as overly grainy and lack dimensionality. Better too much density in a negative, than not enough. I have printed negatives that were two stops overexposed and while the enlarger exposure times were longish, the resulting prints looked just fine. The other option, of course, is to interpolate the development halfway between 400 and 800.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    Morten

Is this NEW APX 400 ( post 2003 ) ?
    Yes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello You might find my comments in Film Speed Rating Dilema helpful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry meant to refer you to Film Speed/Develpoing confusion hope it is helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin