Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,219   Online: 863

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    I am just curious why loopy went down this rather complicated route for his re-introduction to developing?
    I like things complicated. Actually I had no idea things were going to get this complicated when I first started looking for developer. It seems like everyone has their preferred brand. I thought the T-max would do me good.

I think I'm going to stick to it, try it out. If it doesn't work to my liking, I'll go try some Rodinal.

I never got around to trying it last night, just way to tired. Hopefully I'll get the chance after work.

Thanks again to everyone for their advice and input. I really appreciate it.

Cheers,
    Loopy

(p.s loopy is a girl -_^ )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm with gnashings...

I went off in two or three different directions, when I first started developing film last year. I've settled on using Rodinal for most of my films and will pick up other developers if the film I'm using is different from my usual stuff.

Perhaps in another year or so, I'll start to branch out and experiment with different "feels", but for now, I'm going to keep it as simple as possible.

Incidently, if your using tmax dev, read the threads on fixer times and antihalation stuff. It will save you from pulling some hair out when trying to print.

Welcome to the community!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Loopy,

Hope you didnt take any offense to my post
    I re - read it and realized that it was extremely awkwardly worded, and I kept refering to you in 3rd person... I dont know why - it just came out that way (probably sleep deprivation). I hope you can forgive me my chauvinist presumption as well - it was, as well, totally unintentional

Now, apologies out of the way - I think its very easy to complicate things the most when you are starting out, because youhave many different opinons, suggestions, etc. But its all not that bad in the end, as you sort out through what you have and what you need and move forward with that knowledge. Take care, and all the best inyour new photographic endevours!

Peter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin