Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,848   Online: 925

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    Are you sure that movie was Vietnam and not Cambodia? What's that movie where the journalists are hold up in the embassy and try to make a fake American passport to get their local assistant out?

Matt
    Well, it's been an unusually crummy day today so I'm happy to have a diversion. Let's see, was it...Apocolypse Now!?

I think the photojournalist / Marlon Brando diciple at one point dev's a roll of film dip-n-dunk style in a bathroom sink. Was he using Folgers?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The film was "The Killing Fields". Great movie, but very disturbing.
    Melchi M. Michel

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmichel
    The film was "The Killing Fields". Great movie, but very disturbing.
    Ah, yes. I do believe you are correct sir. Forgot about that one. Excellent movie and, yes, I have to agree, not too easy to watch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep - Killing Fields - and it was Cambodia, dring the Khmer Rouge reign of terror... Pol Pot and his buddies shwing the mosre wonderful sides of human nature... very disturbing and powerful film.

As far as movies that feature photography in a prominent way, City of God has a nice vintage Nikon playing a central role.

And I also saw an exhibition of prints done by a local photographer from Toronto on urban decay and polution - the catch was, the prints were developed in water straight from Toronto harbor!

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, for photography, and especially those who enjoy classic cameras, you should make a point to locate and watch "Photographing Fairies" -- set in the 1920s, it ranges from plate cameras used in studio with barrel lens and pan flash to the "latest" high speed films and miniature equipment; I seem to recall even the use of bulb flash (screw base bulbs, of course). And all in pursuit of photographs of fairies that look like decent 1920s vintage montage fakes...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those should be really helpful when you notice that the fixer went in before the developer!

Calcium Cabronate is poorly soluble in water when compared to Na- or K-Carbonate that are easy to find and cheaper
    Mama took my APX away.....

Images
    If Tylenol is close enough to p-aminophenol, maybe it will superadd to vitamin c. Then with a little laundry detergent for alkali, we would have a real household developer. It might cost more, but it would be fun. Coffee seems to make aspirin and tylenol work faster. A brew of coffee, tylenol and vitamin C with laundry detergent would at least make for good clean, healthy and painless negatives.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    I was about to pop a couple Miralac antacid tablets when I noticed the active ingredient is Calcium Carbonate (420mg). Just below that, it says "with Glycine and mint flavor".
    Back to this--why the antacids anyway Brad?

I just have the image in my head of this conversation:

"Honey, what if I keep the BMW and buy an 8x10 camera?"

That could possibly lead to an antacid encounter!

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    Back to this--why the antacids anyway Brad?

I just have the image in my head of this conversation:

"Honey, what if I keep the BMW and buy an 8x10 camera?"

That could possibly lead to an antacid encounter!

Matt
    Naw, It was all about work. Too much coffee, too much stress, etc...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin