Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,701   Posts: 1,669,744   Online: 694

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes
    One way to try and get more precise readings when you have measurements that differ by this little is try to read each Step several times. If your densitometer has a sensor size that has a diameter of 2 or 3 mm, make several measurements across the length of the step. Space the readings apart by a distance that is a millimeter or so larger than the diameter of your sensor diameter. Then average the readings. While you are at it, figure out the standard deviation.
    Kirk,

Variation in density depending on where the measurement is taken on the step wedge are not common in my testing, though they are not rare. I would estimate that when measuring the twenty one steps of a wedge some eighteen to twenty of the individual steps will measure exactly the same in the middle and on the far edges. The other one three may show a variation of log 0.01 depending on exactly where the reading is taken. Variations of more than 0.01 are very, very uncommon. With develoment in tubes I usually eliminate the method of development as a cause for variations over log 0.02, so if I see something on this magnitude in a test I know to look outside of the develoment process itself for the reason.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 09-11-2005 at 07:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin