Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,640   Online: 889

Shooter
    Medium Format

Removing "dent" in fiber print

Hi All,

I was hinge mounting a print last night (only my 3rd time) and some of the glue from the tape ended up on my print. I was able to remove the glue (rice or wheat paste I think) with lots of Q-tips and distilled water, but what remains is a "dent" or "bubble" about the size of my thumb-nail on the print.

Is there anyway to flatten this? I have a mounting press, but I was afraid to apply heat in case I made it worse, like a crease. Any suggestions?

Blessings, Krystyna

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps, you should try to rewash the whole print?

Images
    Good Evening, Krystyna,

Is this FB paper?? If so, I'd follow Suzanne's advice and then flatten the print in the mounting press. I doubt if the press heat would exacerbate the problem.

Konical

Shooter
    Medium Format

Thanks for your replies!

Thank you both for your good advice! I think that will do the trick!

It's amazing working with fiber paper, it cleaned up nice after the accident, and hopefully will regain its form after another wash.

Blessings, K

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin