Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,664   Online: 1169

Shooter
    Pinhole

Shanghai Seagull 100 PAN b/w (GF3?)

Someone gifted me a few rolls of Shanghai Seagull 100 PAN b/w 120 film...best I can remember it also says GF3.

I have spent some time trying to find data to no avail.

Any numbers for reciprocity correction?

Thank you
    Murray

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Oops, it's GP3.
    Murray

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's probably accurate to say it'll be close to Plus-X for reciprocity failure. I've used the Plus-X figures for Fomapan with good results, and it seems most if not all conventional grain films have about the same level of correction -- Tri-X, FP4+, etc. I've heard exaggerated claims for APX 100 and Efke 25, but never seen much proof of them.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Thanks, DQ
    Murray

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your'e very welcome! Do post the results, if/when you get some. And for dev time, I'd probably give the first roll 19 minutes in HC-110 G, agitating continuously the first minute and then 5 inversions every 3rd minute (same as I give Pro 100, though Fomapan 100 will be a little overcooked with this much development; I give it 16 minutes instead).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin